Aston Villa (H) - Wed 3rd April, 20:15 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the beating of this lot at home. Whether we will the title or not depends on Spurs away, imho, and the timing of it. Tough game probably between two other tough games ... .

Palace away is arguably more difficult than Spurs away due to timing and injuries: 60 hours after Villa at home (that's 3 games in 6 days) and 3 days before Real away.

Pep has no choice but to play many squad players vs Palace, including Gomez, Bobb and Lewis. Imo, the selection at Palace will cause panic...

Edit: Palace play tonight and have more time to recover. IF we win tomorrow, that game at Palace will be difficult and decisive. Timing is absolutely brutal.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to start Rico at the back, thought he did well on Sunday and actually brought the ball forward and gave us a bit of forward impetus.

I feel at times at the moment we are more intent on keeping the ball for keeping the balls sake and Rico has that bit of useful exuberance that can create problems for the opposition. Plus with having him in the team and moving into midfield think we could do without Kovacic which would allow Doku/Grealish to have a start on the wing, given Doku's lack of form recently i would go with Grealish;

Ortega

Rico
Ruben
Akanji
Gvardiol

Rhodri

Kev
Bernie

Foden
Haaland
Grealish
Useful and youthful.

Palace away is arguably more difficult than Spurs away due to timing and injuries: 60 hours after Villa at home (that's 3 games in 6 days) and 3 days before Real away.

Pep has no choice but to play many squad players vs Palace, including Gomez, Bobb and Lewis. Imo, the selection at Palace will cause panic...

Edit: Palace play tonight and have more time to recover. IF we win tomorrow, that game at Palace will be difficult and decisive. Timing is absolutely brutal.
It’s amazing that they’ve not given us Palace “under the lights”.

So Stones could be available, Walker, Ederson and Ake out.

Pep will already know the changes he wants to make I'm sure, but ideally we'd get both games won early enough to make changes and rest players. Madrid are going to be fresh and ready to come at us. I'm certain Pep will want the game to be exactly like the weekend. Keep the ball over playing too aggressive and risking being countered. A tight 0-0 is ideal, make it a one game tie again. That's what Pep will be aiming for. If we can get a goal and win it fine, but make sure we stay in the tie.

Pep will already know the changes he wants to make I'm sure, but ideally we'd get both games won early enough to make changes and rest players. Madrid are going to be fresh and ready to come at us. I'm certain Pep will want the game to be exactly like the weekend. Keep the ball over playing too aggressive and risking being countered. A tight 0-0 is ideal, make it a one game tie again. That's what Pep will be aiming for. If we can get a goal and win it fine, but make sure we stay in the tie.

Agree about the rest but I think our strategy at Palace will be the opposite: we'll start with squad players and bring in the big guns with 30 minutes to go when Palace are a bit tired (they also play 3 games over 6-7 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.