Aston Villa (H) - Wed 3rd April, 20:15 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I also think that’s part of the problem. No player should be playing when their form is poor or when they’re not entirely fit. I think we stand a better chance if we play a side that can maintain possession and be patient.

Alternatively, field a side that will play an open game:

Ortega

Akanji
Gvardiol
Dias

Kovacic
Rodri
Nunes

de Bruyne

Doku
Haaland
Foden
I think it’s time to risk open games now. We were too conservative today. Kovacic has his strengths but playing him today mean it was much easier for Arsenal to contain us.

Be sorely tempted to bench Haaland and de bruyne. Kev will start and so will Erling but they’ll be lucky to.

ortega (assume ederson will still be out)
akanji stones dias gvardiol
rodri
bernardo kev foden grealish
haaland.

Imo, Kevin won't start. His minutes will be managed. He'll play 30 minutes or so.

Same defensive players (unless Stones is ready) and Rodri.

Front 5: Foden and Alvarez behind Haaland with Grealish and Doku on the wings.

Kevin, Kovacic, Bernardo, Nunes and Bobb from the bench in the 2nd half.

Pep will take more risks vs Palace, where I can see him resting Rodri, Haaland, Foden and Bernardo, maybe Dias too.

Ortega
Akanji
Dias
Stones
Gvardiol
Rodri
Bernardo
Foden
Doku
Grealish
Haaland

I don't think this is the lineup Pep would choose, but that's what I would do. Rest for Kevin, Duku and Grealish on the wings. A very strong midfield with Rodri Bernardo Foden.
We need creativity, we need pace, We need more offensively oriented players.

I think it’s time to risk open games now. We were too conservative today.

Open games would mean a lot of running up and down the pitch, more injuries and fatigue....We can't afford it, especially before Real and with Chelsea 3 days after the 2nd leg.

Foden and KDB were poor today and the service for Haaland wasn't good enough. It has little to do with Kovacic. Both weren't great at Anfield too. Much more is expected from them and Haaland. The rest did their job.

Last edited:
Open games would mean a lot of running up and down the pitch, more injuries and fatigue....We can't afford it, especially before Real and with Chelsea 3 days after the 2nd leg.

Foden and KDB were poor today and the service for Haaland wasn't good enough. It has little to do with Kovacic. Both weren't great at Anfield too. Much more in expected from them and Haaland. The rest did their job.
Yeah I get your point. Maybe it’s time to focus on the CL then and just do what we can in the league games and not over obsess about it. If we win great, if we don’t it doesn’t really matter that much as we will be in the top 4 whatever.

Play Nunes/Bobb etc and let them have a go without burning out key players. Doku playing behind the striker was excellent for example against Newcastle. Why don’t we try that again.

The Madrid games are the biggest games of the season. Winning back to back CL’s would be huge for us, Pep and the players.

Haaland had nothing today he's not in form but never will be if we can't give him a decent chance. Kev improved after a poor first half. The players know that was a poor performance today so I expect a response on Wednesday Night. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.