Aston Villa Thread - 2021/22

Have a feeling Villa could be the 5th best team next season.

On paper their first 11 is as good as Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs now..Grealish and Buendia creating for Watkins will be excellent to watch.
With Grealish they could do a Leicester ;)

City v Villa : All time head to head record. City 77 wins, Villa 57 wins and 41 draws. Even Alan Ball managed to do the double over them. When Villa were in their pomp, women were still worried that Jack the Ripper might be stalking them. It is laughable that some of their fans think they are way bigger than us.

I know a lot of United fans that desperately try to claim the same about us. They act like their rivalry with Liverpool is the only real derby.

Of course it's all a front; they don't really believe that as much as they want to.
Over the past 12 months or so, I've started to truly believe that United and Liverpool's boards over the years have deliberately manufactured this rivalry when in actual fact, they're best mates.

When you look around the country, they're the most followed clubs in every town apart from the local team and in some cases, I reckon they outnumber home team fans.

They've hit on the idea that people want rivalries in football so plastic fans are either United or Liverpool and pretend they're a part of it despite the fact that they don't go. They buy the shirts, occasionally turn up for friendlies or testimonials and brag to their mates that they are true supporters. Their mates don't pull them up on it because they themselves are in the same boat.

United and Liverpool are happy to hoover up these part time supporters because they earn a bit of money from them each year. This is why SKY pander to them - because they know their audience.

I've lived in East Yorkshire for 21 years. Early on, my missus introduced me to her friend who, during the conversation, told me her husband supported "Man U". Her words were - "He's as mad about Man U as you are about Man City."

I probably shouldn't have, but couldn't resist. "Does it do your head in, him travelling to Old Trafford every other week?"

"Oh no, he doesn't go to matches but he's supported them all his life."

Over the past 12 months or so, I've started to truly believe that United and Liverpool's boards over the years have deliberately manufactured this rivalry when in actual fact, they're best mates.

When you look around the country, they're the most followed clubs in every town apart from the local team and in some cases, I reckon they outnumber home team fans.

They've hit on the idea that people want rivalries in football so plastic fans are either United or Liverpool and pretend they're a part of it despite the fact that they don't go. They buy the shirts, occasionally turn up for friendlies or testimonials and brag to their mates that they are true supporters. Their mates don't pull them up on it because they themselves are in the same boat.

United and Liverpool are happy to hoover up these part time supporters because they earn a bit of money from them each year. This is why SKY pander to them - because they know their audience.

I've lived in East Yorkshire for 21 years. Early on, my missus introduced me to her friend who, during the conversation, told me her husband supported "Man U". Her words were - "He's as mad about Man U as you are about Man City."

I probably shouldn't have, but couldn't resist. "Does it do your head in, him travelling to Old Trafford every other week?"

"Oh no, he doesn't go to matches but he's supported them all his life."
Where is the quadruple like button, so I can use it for this post.
It sums up plastic/armchair supporters all over the country.
And it applies to all teams(including City) but United and Liverpool have far more plastics than any other teams.

City v Villa : All time head to head record. City 77 wins, Villa 57 wins and 41 draws. Even Alan Ball managed to do the double over them. When Villa were in their pomp, women were still worried that Jack the Ripper might be stalking them. It is laughable that some of their fans think they are way bigger than us.
As I said in a previous post -
19th Century - Villa - great
20th Century - Villa - average/ mediocre
21st Century - Villa - bobbins/shit.

Villa fans whining about the injustice of MCFC trying to sign Grealish, whilst at the same time systematically & comprehensively destroying WBA’s youth academy having poached all of our academy staff & also 6 or 7 of of best academy players in the last few months, is classic Villa fan mentality.
They see no problem dismantling our academy, but cry foul over MCFC taking one of their players.
Villa fans are notorious for being among the very worst arrogant & self entitled supporters in the country.
They are the rags of the midlands, only without anything like the trophies & still clinging on to the euro cup win of 40 years ago as entitling them to be classed as a modern day big club.
Cnuts!!!!

I have never seen City lose at Villa Park and iv watched us there 9 times.
The biggest club in the midlands, but have mainly been fuck all when City have strolled into town,
on and off the pitch.

Villa fans whining about the injustice of MCFC trying to sign Grealish, whilst at the same time systematically & comprehensively destroying WBA’s youth academy having poached all of our academy staff & also 6 or 7 of of best academy players in the last few months, is classic Villa fan mentality.
They see no problem dismantling our academy, but cry foul over MCFC taking one of their players.
Villa fans are notorious for being among the very worst arrogant & self entitled supporters in the country.
They are the rags of the midlands, only without anything like the trophies & still clinging on to the euro cup win of 40 years ago as entitling them to be classed as a modern day big club.
Cnuts!!!!
"You took the words right out of my mouth"!!!

I have never seen City lose at Villa Park and iv watched us there 9 times.
The biggest club in the midlands, but have mainly been fuck all when City have strolled into town,
on and off the pitch.
They couldn't fight sleep. Agreed.

Poor old Cov.....
A club with no genuine / exclusive rivals......
They dislike Villa who couldn't give a toss about them, likewise Brum.
Leicester who rival with Forest,
Even Northampton 20 odd miles away prefer to dislike Peterborough.....
They are indeed the most irrelevant club in the country.

Fucking Posh bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.