At City Today.

Update:

Summary:
150-200 in queue this a.m 1st thing . (1-1.5 hr wait). Cat 2 should sell out today, guess about 50% of allocation sold, should go down to 200 points.

Detail:
I was no. 10 on the queue this morning, got there just before 6am, car park was open- park in car park 2 off Alan Turing way, the one at the end of Joe Mercer Way i.e. the bridge going over canal to the back of the city store.

You go in entrance W which is on the right at the end of JMW where you fill in a form, you need SC no, date of birth, postcode and meet the relevant criteria on the day. It asks what tickets you want but still had cat 1 there which I knew was not available. The form is then numbered so you can leave the queue and get back in your designated position afterwards. You queue inside the North stand before coming back out to go to the stadium box office (Not the one in the store just to clear up).

I was no. 10 in the queue and there looked to be a wad of about 50 cat 2 tickets- 10 booths so probably about 500 cat 2 tickets left, the saleswoman said the only cat 2 left were by the corner flag.

Don't panic! I was offered row 2 3rd tier straight behind the goal, so as this is an optimum cat 3 ticket I can't see that many 3rd tier tickets behind the goal or cat 4 tickets behind the goal or at the sides (at the back) have been sold.

One of the security guards reckoned it should go down to about 2000 points.

There were about 150 to 200 in the queue at 9am, that's all, I was told it was chaos yesterday (Weds) with quite a few angry people. One bloke in the queue today got shirty with security bloke for letting someone walk up to window and make a 1 minute enquiry (after they had politely asked) as he thought he was pushing in to buy but eventually relented when security guard explained it to him (Good full timer professional blokes on security and very helpful ticket office staff).

So, Cat 2 should sell out today and I would guess, and only guess, that 50% have gone.

A guy next to me asked how many tickets were left, security said everyone keeps asking but the ticket office can't put a figure on it because telephone sales the night before go on untill 11pm and they don't know how many have been sold outside ticket office times when they arrive in the morning. A bit lame as everything goes on a ledger sheet and also on computer so I'm still baffled why they don't update the OS- it's probably to stop people panicking but, I don't know if it's having the desired effect.

Just got back now after a few cheeky pints in town.

Got their at 5.30am, 4th in the queue.

Got 2 ticket's in block 137.

spoke to 4-5 really nice people both infront and behind me. one guy bought me a coffee and a chocolate bar, if your on this forum or you just read it, thanks again appreciated.

well organised by the staff, security and stewards there.

the brunette who served me is wasted in the ticket office, i would say model material if i'm honest. definitely smashing in back doors everyday of the week no problem.

here's your price list for the trolley dolly for the queue:

Tea/Coffee: £2
Bacon barm: £2.50
Chocolate Bar: £1
Small Pringles Tub: £1

that is all.

No probs freestyler, you were just in front of me but I didn't speak to you. Saw someone speaking to the brew guy about the price list, must have been you. Good bunch of people but the woman who came up asking what time everyone got here and taking the photo of that kid asleep under the picture of SWP was a bit weird. I was going to take bets on what would happen first- would we move to the ticket booths or would the guy behind you finish his book off! (Think he was just at the bit where the plot all comes together). I was the rather tall guy in a green jacket, no. 10 next to the 1st 2 ladies in the queue.

I Was 21 in today queue. Big guy glasses in my work suit

Rather impressed at how well organised it was and also how quick the time went

Was back in my car for 9.10

Carver said:
No probs freestyler, you were just in front of me but I didn't speak to you. Saw someone speaking to the brew guy about the price list, must have been you. Good bunch of people but the woman who came up asking what time everyone got here and taking the photo of that kid asleep under the picture of SWP was a bit weird. I was going to take bets on what would happen first- would we move to the ticket booths or would the guy behind you finish his book off! (Think he was just at the bit where the plot all comes together). I was the rather tall guy in a green jacket, no. 10 next to the 1st 2 ladies in the queue.

I had the black cap on!

to be fair he didn't move a muscle that bloke for 3 hours! must have a sore arm now! haha

i think i may remember you, mostly cause you were behind the two ladies.

just me or did time fly by? i took my mp3 player, not once i got it out, we even started watching the ground staff cut the grass, that was the entertainment! ;)

Anyone in queue now or recently left?
Am going to go down today so any info on how many are there would be appreciated

Carver said:
Update:

Don't panic! I was offered row 2 3rd tier straight behind the goal, so as this is an optimum cat 3 ticket I can't see that many 3rd tier tickets behind the goal or cat 4 tickets behind the goal or at the sides (at the back) have been sold.

They were selling Cat 3 tickets on the sides yesterday. I'm in block 527, row 42 near the halfway line (on the phone), most of the sides don't have Cat 4. Still think it will go to 2000. At least for the final I've jumped up to the 4000, so will be a day earlier :-)

yep - been down at 1.00PM - about 10 people in queue, the same when I left - so for anyone heading down it's no problem at moment

Got block 139 - £50 ticket

I cant get tickets until Saturday. I dont see that I can roll up at 11am and find less than a couple of hundred in the queues on a Saturday.

Only needed 20 more points and I could have gone tomorrow :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.