Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

Wouldn’t read the whole thread as I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game plus that extra time (eufa conspiracy again) so my opinions are based on what I watched.

I thought we were overrun in midfield because we just couldn’t get the ball back. Ederson’s save from that last free kick was dodgy it spilled out but he got lucky. The coaching team should ease on his training, he’s too lean and keepers are meant to be big.

Atalanta’s defending was impenetrable I have never seen another team pegged us to the corner flag like that even when we had 7 minutes extra from a game that only saw 2 goals. I didn’t read who scored for us but I bet it was David Silva he’s on fire in the patch.

1-1, but we’ll get them at home in the replay.

Put the bottle down

That was a game that should have been finished by half time, but once again against decent opposition we simply could not finish it off.

Injuries are no excuse that second half was piss poor and if we repeat that at any point come the weekend then we get nowt.

It may of course act as a much needed and firm boot up the arse that quite honestly is clearly needed. If we are as good as we think we are it will provoke a hell of a response come the weekend.

Its a long time since I have been angry at a City performance but tonight was piss poor or at least by the standards set over the last few years. No excuses even given the injuries. Those twats up the E Lancs would have won that.
Away draw with 10 men in Europe. Still comfortably atop the group.

Fuck me if that makes you angry how did you survive the 80s and 90s without going on a killing spree

It was Gundogan fucking around in the middle of the park which led to Bravo's sending off. Can't blame Bravo for that, what was he expected to do?
100% it was mate, but pep will still have him 1st name on team sheet sunday, fuckin undroppable despite being shite as per usual, only tonight he was amongst 6 or 7 others

Good first half, shite second half. Mistakes by Otamendi and Gundogan cost us dear.
I hope Eddie is fit for Sunday.

Away draw with 10 men in Europe. Still comfortably atop the group.

Fuck me if that makes you angry how did you survive the 80s and 90s without going on a killing spree

Because in the 80s and 90s I expected a lot less....I now expect to compete with the best...spoiled of course, but if we want to be like the rags (not now) and Liverpool (wining the CL) we have to be a lot better....Dont believe me ask Pep.

Because in the 80s and 90s I expected a lot less....I now expect to compete with the best...spoiled of course, but if we want to be like the rags (not now) and Liverpool (wining the CL) we have to be a lot better....Dont believe me ask Pep.
I take your general point but don’t forget the dippers had some awful results in the CL last year and still ended up winning it.

That’s partly why I view it as a hugely devalued tournament these days compared to what it was in its heyday.

I take your general point but don’t forget the dippers had some awful results in the CL last year and still ended up winning it.

That’s partly why I view it as a hugely devalued tournament these days compared to what it was in its heyday.

They did indeed, and like any long distance race its what you do at the end of that race that matters, hence despite being less than impressed by how we have started this season in many respects I have far from written it off...the fact remains perform like tonight and we will win fuck all, I am not for one minute suggesting we will be as poor as we were tonight again. If we do repeat tonight at the level we need to be, it will fuck us right up and we will win nowt.

Repeat tonight what will be the outcome at Klanfield?

As for the CL its vastly superior to the old European Cup....after all when Liverpool were winning thier millions of CL trophies they were meeting some pretty poor sides in the latter stages of the competition.....FC Bruges in the final at Wembley for example. I bet you as long as you have a hole in your arse we dont even play that level of opposition in the group stages...yes I know Liverppol met worse last night but that Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.