Atalanta v Man City San Siro , Milan 6thNov Day Trip

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by spike144, 7 Sep 2019.

1. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

Hi Paolo I’m travelling to Milan for the game and we’re gonna stay in Milan for a few days. Am I best staying near the centre and travelling to the stadium that way?

Paul67 likes this.
  2. Paul67

Paul67

Team supported:
    Atalanta Bergamo
    Yes, it sounds the best solution. Area around San Siro isn't the best, so it's far better to find an accomodation in the center. San Siro is easy to reach by metro (New M5 violet line takes you directly at San Siro, you may have to do one change depending from where you depart).
    If any of you is flying Ryanair to Bergamo-Milan (Orio) airport and have some spare time I would definately recommend a visit to Bergamo's Old town (Citta' Alta) as well, which is really a gem worth visiting rather than the giant mall outside the airport ;) [​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Sep 2019
    Tim of the Oak likes this.
  3. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

I agree with Paolo they the Old Town in Bergamo is a great place. Lots of places to drink and there is a nice restaurant they overlooks the City below.

I have found the Atalanta fans to be very friendly when I visited the Curva North. Thats no guarantee that there won’t be any trouble of course. I have used my full allocation for the game at the Etihad, Paolo, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with a ticket. Enjoy your visit to Manchester.

Paul67 likes this.
  4. KoreanHammer

KoreanHammer

Why is this game @ San siro? Atalanta ground doesn’t meet UEFA requirement?

Paul67 likes this.
  5. Paul67

Paul67

Team supported:
    Atalanta Bergamo
    Yes, as I've explained previously in this thread. Furthermore it is currently undergoing a partial renovation/rebuilding which is due to finish soon but still the rest of the stadium does not meet UEFA standards.

6. Paul67

Paul67

Team supported:
    Atalanta Bergamo
    Tim of the Oak said:
    I have found the Atalanta fans to be very friendly when I visited the Curva North. Thats no guarantee that there won’t be any trouble of course. I have used my full allocation for the game at the Etihad, Paolo, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with a ticket. Enjoy your visit to Manchester.
    ----------------
    Glad to hear you liked Bergamo''s Old Town. Curva Nord is the home stand for excellence, where the most "lively" fans are. I hope nothing happens and we both can enjoy two nice matches played by teams who love to attack rather then defending.
    For us is a dream to play C.L. for the first time in 112 year history and an honour to play one of the most known team worldwide as City. Regardless on how the matches will go for us, they will be forever in our history that's why so many of our fans would like to attend both games.
    Sorry to hear you booked your full allowance and thanks anyway for your help.

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  7. Wilmslow Road

Wilmslow Road

Paul67. I apologise on behalf of so called City fans.
    Any City Fan who has the intention of going or supports the Club knows where and why the game is being played in Milan.
    Embarrassing.

Paul67 likes this.
  8. catalyst

catalyst

Very excited for this. Will be a great contest

Paul67 likes this.
  9. hello

hello

Has their been any news on allocation and criteria for this one yet? very reasonable flights from down south which suit me but reluctant to book and take the lad till we know how likely tickets will be.

10. Paul67

Paul67

Team supported:
    Atalanta Bergamo
    Unfortunately no news on this match about tickets and allocations. Waiting myself for some friends who want to come for this match from abroad.
    It's very likely they will do it soon because our first home match vs. Shaktar will be on 1st october and they have not yet opened any single match tickets sale (they have been selling only 3 matches bundle's so far)
    As soon as Atalanta will comunicate something about tickets and allocation I'll write a post here for your info.

Imho there shall be no problem to get tickets for this match as San Siro is quite big and even if they close second ring shortside stands it will still hold more than 50k .... as I wrote probably away stands will be up in the third ring which ar really the worst in that stadium. Probably they will open both of the long side second ring stands which have a far better view.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2019