Atalanta v Man City San Siro , Milan 6thNov Day Trip

Hi, I'm Paolo an Atalanta fan. Glad to help any question you may have on your away trip for this match.

Atalanta stadium does not respect UEFA rules and furthermore is currently undergoing an heavy partial rebuilding which is due to end in a couple of weeks.

Therefore we had to play away from Bergamo all our CL matches (like we did in the past 2 years in Europe League).
First choice was in Reggio Emilia, Mapei Stadium where we always played our european league matches in the past two years, which is a nice little stadium but over 200km away from Bergamo and not well served by airports.

Luckily, with AC Milan selfexclusion from E.L. 19-20 season, San Siro became the most attractive option as very close to our town and with much bigger capacity.
There were some stupid claims by AC Milan and Inter Milan fans who did not want anyone in their stands for this match (crazy I know) so probably the second ring of San Siro will be closed at the sides behind doors.

First ring has already been sold out for bundle 3 CL matches season card (about 16,000 sold) so they are probably going to open one or both longline stands on the second ring.

Currently there was no way to find out where away stand will be... in normal Serie A fixture it is usually on 3rd ring (crap seats crap view....). That's depend I think also on how many tickets request there will be.

I'm also looking for someone willing to help us to buy tickets for the Etihad match as away tickets were given exclusively to their travel partner which is squeezing fans so much (and we already have flights bought by ourselves).

Hi Paolo I’m travelling to Milan for the game and we’re gonna stay in Milan for a few days. Am I best staying near the centre and travelling to the stadium that way?

Hi Paolo I’m travelling to Milan for the game and we’re gonna stay in Milan for a few days. Am I best staying near the centre and travelling to the stadium that way?
Yes, it sounds the best solution. Area around San Siro isn't the best, so it's far better to find an accomodation in the center. San Siro is easy to reach by metro (New M5 violet line takes you directly at San Siro, you may have to do one change depending from where you depart).
If any of you is flying Ryanair to Bergamo-Milan (Orio) airport and have some spare time I would definately recommend a visit to Bergamo's Old town (Citta' Alta) as well, which is really a gem worth visiting rather than the giant mall outside the airport ;)
metropolitana-milano.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it sounds the best solution. Area around San Siro isn't the best, so it's far better to find an accomodation in the center. San Siro is easy to reach by metro (New M5 violet line takes you directly at San Siro, you may have to do one change depending from where you depart).
If any of you is flying Ryanair to Bergamo-Milan (Orio) airport and have some spare time I would definately recommend a visit to Bergamo's Old town (Citta' Alta) as well, which is really a gem worth visiting rather than the giant mall outside the airport ;)
metropolitana-milano.jpg

I agree with Paolo they the Old Town in Bergamo is a great place. Lots of places to drink and there is a nice restaurant they overlooks the City below.

I have found the Atalanta fans to be very friendly when I visited the Curva North. Thats no guarantee that there won’t be any trouble of course. I have used my full allocation for the game at the Etihad, Paolo, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with a ticket. Enjoy your visit to Manchester.

Why is this game @ San siro? Atalanta ground doesn’t meet UEFA requirement?
Yes, as I've explained previously in this thread. Furthermore it is currently undergoing a partial renovation/rebuilding which is due to finish soon but still the rest of the stadium does not meet UEFA standards.

Tim of the Oak said:
I have found the Atalanta fans to be very friendly when I visited the Curva North. Thats no guarantee that there won’t be any trouble of course. I have used my full allocation for the game at the Etihad, Paolo, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with a ticket. Enjoy your visit to Manchester.
----------------
Glad to hear you liked Bergamo''s Old Town. Curva Nord is the home stand for excellence, where the most "lively" fans are. I hope nothing happens and we both can enjoy two nice matches played by teams who love to attack rather then defending.
For us is a dream to play C.L. for the first time in 112 year history and an honour to play one of the most known team worldwide as City. Regardless on how the matches will go for us, they will be forever in our history that's why so many of our fans would like to attend both games.
Sorry to hear you booked your full allowance and thanks anyway for your help.

Yes, as I've explained previously in this thread. Furthermore it is currently undergoing a partial renovation/rebuilding which is due to finish soon but still the rest of the stadium does not meet UEFA standards.

Paul67. I apologise on behalf of so called City fans.
Any City Fan who has the intention of going or supports the Club knows where and why the game is being played in Milan.
Embarrassing.

Has their been any news on allocation and criteria for this one yet? very reasonable flights from down south which suit me but reluctant to book and take the lad till we know how likely tickets will be.

Has their been any news on allocation and criteria for this one yet? very reasonable flights from down south which suit me but reluctant to book and take the lad till we know how likely tickets will be.
Unfortunately no news on this match about tickets and allocations. Waiting myself for some friends who want to come for this match from abroad.
It's very likely they will do it soon because our first home match vs. Shaktar will be on 1st october and they have not yet opened any single match tickets sale (they have been selling only 3 matches bundle's so far)
As soon as Atalanta will comunicate something about tickets and allocation I'll write a post here for your info.

Imho there shall be no problem to get tickets for this match as San Siro is quite big and even if they close second ring shortside stands it will still hold more than 50k .... as I wrote probably away stands will be up in the third ring which ar really the worst in that stadium. Probably they will open both of the long side second ring stands which have a far better view.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.