Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Football was the winner tonight , an awful coach and players who would sink to any level to get a result lost the game , but we were absolute dogshit in the second half , we stopped playing and were extremely lucky that Atletico are just a crap football team, who couldnt finish a good dinner.
Cant understand why we totally changed tactics in the second half and just played long hopeful balls which their defenders gobbled up with ease , Pep didnt appear preturbed about our second 45 minutes so can only presume the team were playing to orders , and it very nearly back fired , we got lucky tonight.

That ref should never ref a game again. Dangerous standard of reffing.

That felt like a seminal game, we were a class above them and their shit. Well done boys

And to the people moaning about how poor we were need to toughen up. Our players played with mental strength you guys seem to not have.
Double like

the two big chances Gundo missed, I mean we got away with that today but a similar conversion rate can cost us the semifinals or the PL title in next few games.

we just need to score the sitters. we just need to. somebody has to score them. no idea who because I rated Gundo one of the calmer finishers in the squad. I would hold Txiki-s salary back if we dont win a trophy this season. not getting a striker still can cost us everything and having all the great chances created for players who just do not have the killer instinct front of goal is just mentally tiring. Benzema would have scored both probably what Gundo missed. Haaland, Kane, Lewa etc. too I guess.

we need to win potentially 7 PL games in a row to win the title and we need to score goals for that. somebody needs to score them. another Soton, Palace performance of firing blank can end the title. this was probably the last game we could afford scoring no goals. Mahrey being greedy too , cut that shit out. he knew 2 times he will shot into the block as thats how close they were and still did it making us losing the ball.

midweek PL game after the Liverpool game coming up and even its only Brighton they are a good midtable side, just got 3 points in Emirates. not scoring from the chances will be punished also this level of misplaced passes.

in terms of how much energy we have for Liverpool who managed to rotate their top players today and no doubt thats an advantage, not very optimistic. but the Brighton game is a must win. especially that Pool will host United the day before and Rangnick will bend over big time so they go on top.

I thought we were poor over the two legs in an attacking sense.

We barely troubled them with the ball, we had 3 shots on target and created possibly 4 decent chances in 180 minutes.
True but we always seem to have trouble breaking down a 10 man wall, and Ath Madrid are the best at that. We got the goal counted

I think Real, while being a superior team, will be easier for us to do what we do well. We could may as well lose all the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.