Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Are Atletico today's equivalent of Leeds United in the 70's? Talented individuals but a bunch of dirty bastard's.
They're nowhere near as dirty as Don Revie's Leeds were. In fact there were plenty of English teams at that time who would make 2022 Atletico look like angels.

Let's face it,we weren't exactly choirboys at City at the time. Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee, Tony Coleman, Mike Doyle... Even Tony Book wasn't averse to using the 'dark arts' on occasion.

Let’s just imagine, for a second, we were 1 down with 2 minutes left and Suarez is fouled off the pitch. He then rolls over 4 times to get back on the pitch and Cancello tries to get him off and it all kicks off. I doubt we’d be criticising anyone other than Suarez.

NB: I’m not criticising Phil here but him, Fernandinho‘s ‘cruciate’ and Eddies ‘dislocated shoulder’ were all things that would be universally criticised if the Spaniards had been ‘practising the dark arts’. I, for one, am glad we finally get it and, if the referee isn’t going to take control, we are prepared to employ whatever we need to to get through. I’d rather be in the semi final following a game like yesterday than have played a beautiful game and got done 1-0, after trying some fancy flick or such like, then lost on penalties.
If Suarez was fouled off the pitch his teeth would have still been overlapping the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.