Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Nothing else but going through matters, job done get in! Satisfactory first half, shockingly shit second half but an outstanding defensive display got us through. Huge credit to every single one of the players for keeping their heads amongst that embarrassing shitshow. Would have been very easy for us to be going into the semi's with 2/3 suspensions there. Gutted cancelo picked up the late card to rule him out of the semi but it was a neccesary challenge to make just outside the box, took one for the team there.

Amazingly the BBC stats reckon only 8 fouls to 7 all game. That seems unlikely to me.
BT adamant that Savic pulled Grealish's hair and there was a headbutt somewhere in there, plus the fight in the tunnel.

Ake excellent when he came on, Fernandinho also excellent.

As much as I didn't enjoy they game or our performance, we are through and a few years ago we would have caved. We didn't tonight.

Referee and VAR. Ok, we can disgaree and as we discuss. But they were inept to dangerous levels. Failed to grasp what was going on, injuries happened, still turned a blind eye, riot ensued. It says something when even Peter Bloody Walton on BT is saying it should have been red and he's stumped by the decisions.

Bloody love Fernandinho. Just what the doctor ordered.

Horrible fucking tramps! Anyway I don't want to talk about them twats because they don’t deserve to be talked about.

I've never ever been more proud of a City performance than that tonight especially the second half. The pressure for the opposition, The antics, The crowd...It was all built up for us to get beaten here tonight...BUT, This team showed the biggest set of balls you'll ever lay eyes on to come through that it took massive bollocks, massive determination, massive mentality and we showed that in abundance! John Stones tonight played his best ever game in a blue shirt what a leader he has turned into the last two years what a fucking man! Ederson gets his critics on here, He was fucking fabulous. Credit to Phil Foden too he got kicked all night and still wanted and wanted the ball and well able to dish it out too.

I'm absolutely chuffed! So fucking proud to be a blue. GET IN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.