Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

I don't understand why we panicked so badly in that 2nd half, our first half composure went out of the window and we resorted to aimless long balls up the pitch then invited wave after wave of attacks from Atletico.
Maybe we were intimidated by them I don't know but it's the first time in ages I've seen us rattled like that
Tough match on Sunday so I'd imagine tiredness played a factor.

did all the away fans get out of the stadium and back with no bother? not seen anything on twitter

I don't understand why we panicked so badly in that 2nd half, our first half composure went out of the window and we resorted to aimless long balls up the pitch then invited wave after wave of attacks from Atletico.
Maybe we were intimidated by them I don't know but it's the first time in ages I've seen us rattled like that
I think we were far from rattled, If we were rattled we would have caved in but we dug through and showed enormous balls. The Liverpool game would have taken a lot out of us on Sunday afternoon and them to travel to Madrid and play in possibly the most hostile stadium in Europe against the biggest bunch of shithouses was incredible from the players. We showed a completely different side to our game last night, We can't play pretty football for 90 minutes every week, We knew we were going to come under massive pressure last night at some stage and it was all about seen the game out. We also showed the dark arts of playing down the clock which is important in Europe.
This City team is a completely different animal in Europe now compared to 5-10 years ago...We are an Elite European team.

Utter scum. Wee Jimmy Johnstone was a fucking warrior. Never gave in.
Well, not on dry land at least...

You've never fared very well against them. They were the side you played behind closed doors after the Rapid Vienna trouble as well. Should be confined to prison football leagues.

Any news on Kyle and Kev's injuries?

i think KDB was a hard knock and will be touch and go for the FA cup semi final
walker ankle and knee looked bad and could be out for some time ? his foot got stuck in the grass and the ankle and leg twisted so we will be luck if he got away without damage

i think KDB was a hard knock and will be touch and go for the FA cup semi final
walker ankle and knee looked bad and could be out for some time ? his foot got stuck in the grass and the ankle and leg twisted so we will be luck if he got away without damage
Mate, knowing our luck with injuries they will both probably be ruled out for the season

I can never understand why teams like Atleti do not go full on in both legs. They lost that tie in the first leg, consumed with a morbid fear of conceding. It's always the same with Simeone - defend, defend, and defend some more when he has talented midfielders and attackers who can destroy a team. I've never seen a brief highlights video where we had to defend so much and with such resolution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.