Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

That was a right old game of chess. I thought our plan was great, but our passing and crossing let us down 1st half. Rodri in particular, gave the ball away too many times. The subs worked a treat and now atletico have got to come out of their shell if they want to stay in.

Game was much as expected. On the positive side, we barely gave them a sniff - no shot on target. We controlled the game well but didnt think we moved the ball fast enough to the wings to exploit what space there was there and our crosses were not particular dangerous. What a cameo from Phil and I can’t wait to see him take that forward into Sunday. I like that Grealish winds them up and I can see one or more walking next week. Kev, Phil and Ake were stand outside but nobody had a poor game and our retrieval of the ball was really excellent.
very confident we will have enough to go through next week.

On the evidence of last night, we know who is the best at penetrating a low block defence with his ability to beat a man 1 on 1 between Raz, Mahrez and Phil.
His technique, speed and confidence are amazing.
And that ball with the outside of his foot to Kev……

Simeone will still play it tight in the 2nd leg and hope to get a breakway goal.
The only time they'll open up a bit will be the last 15-20 minutes if there's still only one goal in it.
We still need to be very patient

Read the question carefully dude, I said I wouldn’t risk him on Sunday against probably the best counter attacking team in Europe because he gives the ball away too often.

You haven’t offered an opinion for me to disagree with or even constructively explained your thoughts on why you disagree with me just shouted out a load of expletives
On a scale of 1 - 10 on silly comments this was probably an 11 lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.