Atletico Madrid | Friendly (N) | Post Match Thread

Pure guesswork, but I think Pep would want ideally to have a 'proven' replacement for Mahrez and then keep one of Palmer, Bobb, Mcatee - in that order.
I'm not so certain of that: Bernardo was given the Mahrez role in the big games at the end of last season. I suspect it was because Bernardo is more diligent defensively. We will see, and I suspect we will have players coming in, even though I would like that front line augmented with the academy rather than a new buy.

Never ever show your hand early, let them think problems are happening in the camp, Get the media to hype up how good United are and what a great new signing they found for peanuts,

Next week in the media they will do their annual poll for who will win what and where teams will finish
title winners UNITED
The only flaw in your theory is I can't see the press hyping up utd.

We never look good until the season starts.

I'm predicting we get leathered 3-0 in the Charity Shield too.

We don't even try to hit top fitness early. Which is why we "miraculously" look so much better at the end of every season when other teams start to tire.
I thought it was because we have a bigger squad than everyone else. Two world class players for every position.

I re-watched the whole game late last night and the first-half was perfect preparation - fast, competitive, niggly, and possession vs counter-attack, which is exactly what we will face in most PL games. We were absolutely at it and Jack, Kyle, Alvarez and Phil looked really sharp and ready.

The second half was not as good, and the eight changes disrupted our flow and created some vulnerabilities. The biggest take from me is that Kyle is invaluable to the way that we play now, and Cancelo's presence took from the defensive solidity that allowed our creators to shine, last season, and allowed a CB to shift in to midfield to help it dominate. Cancelo is a different type of player, who regularly wants to take the space in midfield, and that exposed us to the counter - he doesn't have the pace or desire to get back so we were exposed, Rico especially.

It was a great game to watch, and to learn from, and perfect preparation. I hope to see Perrone and Palmer but I believe that the latter had a knock that prevented that.

I re-watched the whole game late last night and the first-half was perfect preparation - fast, competitive, niggly, and possession vs counter-attack, which is exactly what we will face in most PL games. We were absolutely at it and Jack, Kyle, Alvarez and Phil looked really sharp and ready.

The second half was not as good, and the eight changes disrupted our flow and created some vulnerabilities. The biggest take from me is that Kyle is invaluable to the way that we play now, and Cancelo's presence took from the defensive solidity that allowed our creators to shine, last season, and allowed a CB to shift in to midfield to help it dominate. Cancelo is a different type of player, who regularly wants to take the space in midfield, and that exposed us to the counter - he doesn't have the pace or desire to get back so we were exposed, Rico especially.

It was a great game to watch, and to learn from, and perfect preparation. I hope to see Perrone and Palmer but I believe that the latter had a knock that prevented that.

Good summary.
I'd add something that virtually none of us can see. From a neutral's perspective, I believe that was quite a pleasant game to watch.

Didn't see the game, but that was shit. We need to be worried going into a new season with that 11. We were poor. Foden is that overrated he could be a Rag academy product. Dias has too many mistakes in him for a top notch centre back - you wouldn't see Martinez/van Dyke make those simple errors. Haaland needs to get more involved, he got away with it last season because of his goals but it won't cut it in his second season, he needs the same work rate as a Nunez or a Hojlund.

Arsenal will batter us next week. I won't be watching that game either but I'll make sure to put a decent post match report on here......
Post of the year...
A media career awaits!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.