Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Every season ticket holder was entitled to buy a ticket mate, regardless of whether they were on the cup scheme or not. The number of CL games attended only applied to members when it went on sale to them.

I was in SS1 too - Block 115 - and normally it's a lot of different faces for CL games (well group stage games at least). On Wednesday near me it was full of the usual season ticket holders who can't be arsed turning up for the group stage games.
Im in 115 on row C and not many of the usual season ticket holders were there. A few were who don't normally attend CL games, but a lot weren't. There were no Madrid fans around me and everyone did appear to be City fans, just not the regulars at league games.

Perhaps the club should extend the window for ST holders, however you can't blame them for taking the attitude that if ST holders don't join the scheme then they don't want tickets so a short window is adequate. I appreciate many don't join the CL scheme as they struggle to get to home games after work, but some are probably only interested in knock-out games against glamour teams in which case I wonder why they have season tickets as half our home games are against less glamourous opponents.

I think a couple of days is fine, but they could do more to make people aware. Emails, text messages etc. I almost missed out on one previously and got it more out of luck of being on the site anyway. I'm quite organised so it doesn't occur regularly, but I can see why some season ticket holders miss out each time.

That's why I said to JRB you have to be on your toes and monitor the sales criteria. Wouldn't surprise me if they do this rather stealthily so a sizeable number of ST holders do miss out and they can spunk more tickets to their eye watering hospitality packages. When the shoes on the other foot they're barraging us with messages about listing tickets on the exchange after all.

Why didn't you get a ticket? Which bit of the purchase criteria stopped you buying one? You'll have matchday membership at least if you're a City fan so what stopped you buying a ticket?
I'm genuinely interested in this, I have no idea of the requirements as I'm on the scheme.
I only attended 2 CL games recently (under my own name, and not using tickets from people who couldn't make it), and the tickets were sold out before that. The starting criteria was 5 CL games. Makes me wonder how the hell did so many Madrid fans manage to get their tickets in the home end.

Surely you could see that it was a bus? As for the Wembley Express, well that one's as obvious as it gets given where this season's CL Final is being held. I don't think you can get any less cryptic than that!

Maybe we over-estimated the knowledge of the legend of the 192 bus though so I get your point there

Rumours that a future display - involving a huge dropdown banner depicting Piccadilly Gardens complete with assorted spice heads, piss pots, and other interesting characters with the caption "THIS IS THE REAL MANCHESTER" - have yet to be refuted ;)
Firstly, it’s much better than anything I could come up with, and secondly kudos to all at 1894 for doing these displays. The ship I mentioned earlier is one of the best things I’ve seen at a ground anywhere, absolutely superb.

I think with this one it was how I saw the detail. I saw Foden and “Wembley Express” first and just thought he’d been given a new nickname (like cricketer James Anderson the Burnley Express) that I hadn’t heard about. Then I saw the 192 and got a bit lost because then I started thinking are they running those buses down to Wembley? I started overthinking it all. I didn’t even notice the background as a result!

It does make sense now though.

;)

Firstly, it’s much better than anything I could come up with, and secondly kudos to all at 1894 for doing these displays. The ship I mentioned earlier is one of the best things I’ve seen at a ground anywhere, absolutely superb.

I think with this one it was how I saw the detail. I saw Foden and “Wembley Express” first and just thought he’d been given a new nickname (like cricketer James Anderson the Burnley Express) that I hadn’t heard about. Then I saw the 192 and got a bit lost because then I started thinking are they running those buses down to Wembley? I started overthinking it all. I didn’t even notice the background as a result!

It does make sense now though.

;)
Well we are all from Stockport anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.