Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Apologies to bring this back up after many months but was curious especially after recent clips of the Villa lot enjoying themselves in Athens this week.

Aside from the actual match day experiences last year, how did everyone rate Athens compared to Istanbul?

I was only able to attend Istanbul which was emotionally & financially draining but was curious to hear from Blues who managed to attend both & their experiences of the two cities.
Athens was more civilised and hotter
Apart from the ancient ruins the architecture of Athens was poor in comparison to Istanbul.
The bars were great down by the harbour in Athens but the food wasn't as good as in Istanbul.
The ground was better and easier to get to.

Athens was more civilised and hotter
Apart from the ancient ruins the architecture of Athens was poor in comparison to Istanbul.
The bars were great down by the harbour in Athens but the food wasn't as good as in Istanbul.
The ground was better and easier to get to.

Gotta to agree about the food over in Istanbul. Kebabs were great & tasted even more delicious with the freshly made bread right in front of you.

After the copious amounts of evening beers decided to go for the Turkish breakfast option the morning after. Blimey, very different to the traditional English brekkie, almost like a tapas but at the same time very satisfying. Loved the fact they constantly re-filled the bread servings & ultimately didn't feel like my arteries were getting clogged up.

Gotta to agree about the food over in Istanbul. Kebabs were great & tasted even more delicious with the freshly made bread right in front of you.

After the copious amounts of evening beers decided to go for the Turkish breakfast option the morning after. Blimey, very different to the traditional English brekkie, almost like a tapas but at the same time very satisfying. Loved the fact they constantly re-filled the bread servings & ultimately didn't feel like my arteries were getting clogged up.
Everything that wasn't UEFA ran was great in Istanbul.
The Friday night in nevidaze st is still my favourite night of being a blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.