Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
My lad was there and said it was about 30% non regulars/tourists in his opinion.
Felt like a bit more to me, but I'm sure that's completely dependent on where you're stood in the ground.

Around me it felt like nobody knew the words to chants, weird looks for singing. As someone else mentioned, I'm sure there were also many regulars who were knackered from the day!

Even if we agree on 30%, I still think that's far too many for an away end unfortunately.

lots of excuses for a quiet end last night, but what it boils down to is fans just choose not to sing.

Looking from tv, it looked like a similar style and size end to burnley away or Huddersfield away. This sort of end couldnt be better to get songs going. Been to burnley away the last 4 or 5 times we have played at the turf, only this season to me has been the decent one, it was very good. Just shows sometimes they sing sometimes they dont.

Early round FA cup & league cup away games seem to create a good singing end, is this because it is a different band of fans that obtain tickets ? having said that I once went to Huddersfield away ( fa cup ) and a lot of fans where just slaughtered and packed in the bars even while the game was on.

lots of excuses for a quiet end last night, but what it boils down to is fans just choose not to sing.

Looking from tv, it looked like a similar style and size end to burnley away or Huddersfield away. This sort of end couldnt be better to get songs going. Been to burnley away the last 4 or 5 times we have played at the turf, only this season to me has been the decent one, it was very good. Just shows sometimes they sing sometimes they dont.

Early round FA cup & league cup away games seem to create a good singing end, is this because it is a different band of fans that obtain tickets ? having said that I once went to Huddersfield away ( fa cup ) and a lot of fans where just slaughtered and packed in the bars even while the game was on.
I've not been to Huddersfield, but I wouldn't say it's like Burnley. No roof for a start to keep the sound in, and the stand is way more wide than tall which leads to loads of little pockets of fans singing, but no one singing in one voice.

I'd argue that the stand was actually very similar to SS1 at the Etihad

Barely heard a peep from our end on the radio or tv last night. Why the discrepancy between the incessant din Euro fans make virtually every time at our place and the relative quiet of our away followings in Europe ?

Dunno if it’s true that people are slumped on their seats barely awake after a day or two on the booze but if they are why not just go for a city break and let a fan who’ll actually back the team have a ticket instead.

The average age of away fans on European nights at our place is about 30 years younger than that of our away fans in Europe. That’s a big factor and a recurring problem in our atmosphere issue.
You can't judge our away support from what you hear on TV. I wasn't there last night but have done plenty of previous Euro away trips, including Copenhagen. Our support has generally been great with plenty of youngsters and hard-core. Some idiots with drums and identical shirts doesn't automatically make an atmosphere. The noisiest I have been in from the home fans were Poznan, Seville, Salonika, Schalke, Hamburg. The atmosphere at Bayern, Barca, and Real Madrid was pretty crap.

Last edited:
The OSC debate has been done to death on here and no matter what your stance is on it:

How come British OSC's were only receiving 1-2 tickets, yet European OSC's were receiving an absolute load?

Apparently MK only got 2 tickets when they had 15 applications, yet I saw a good 20 people yesterday who were from the same supporters club in Poland

I know. But either way people will lose out to it.

Very nearly signed up to my local supporters club but felt like it was too much of a hassle

Felt like a bit more to me, but I'm sure that's completely dependent on where you're stood in the ground.

Around me it felt like nobody knew the words to chants, weird looks for singing. As someone else mentioned, I'm sure there were also many regulars who were knackered from the day!

Even if we agree on 30%, I still think that's far too many for an away end unfortunately.
It is. It’s over 800 tickets

The OSC debate has been done to death on here and no matter what your stance is on it:

How come British OSC's were only receiving 1-2 tickets, yet European OSC's were receiving an absolute load?

Apparently MK only got 2 tickets when they had 15 applications, yet I saw a good 20 people yesterday who were from the same supporters club in Poland
Polish Blues are mostly England based and go home and away (if that’s who you mean). I do agree with your point though.

That’s it in a nutshell Trev, the atmosphere comes down to people singing loudly or not, simple as that.

Out of the excuses though, I definitely could relate to fatigue after a full day on the beer + travel. I don’t go to Euro aways but I could feel and see that around me in Istanbul.

A few around me last night were pointing out and questioning any non-manc accent supporter within a close proximity. Was rather uncomfortable and some poor fellas near by were forced to justify their attendance after multiple points and shouts. I overheard him later on in conversation to others that he was a head chef and won them in a competition. Not his fault he won a competition and at the end of the day, he was stood there cheering City on like we all were.

Whilst I understand the frustration - it should be aimed at the club and not the individuals.

A poor showing from the guys around me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.