Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I prefer the more honest, less orchestrated English supporters. Although a few English clubs support have now tried copying the "Ultra" bullshit. Didn't Palace fans try it?
If English club supporters aren't happy, you know. None of that robotic chanting shit that sounds the same all the way through the game.

Seems there's a basic misunderstanding amongst many on this thread about what exactly constitutes a good, loud and proud Euro away following. Anyone who thinks it's all about the stadium is way off the mark.

Having been to dozens of Euro aways, our support is respected across Europe, with locals seeing us as great embassadors for our club, our city and our country. The singsongs aren't stadium centric, they start in airports, on planes, in plaza's & end in clubs, bars until the early hours. Its a 2/3 day experience, with Blues of all ages, backgrounds and locations. A barmy, mad, fantastic Friday night in Istanbul is what the ultimate Euro away is, the Saturday was all about the result. A sun-drenched party in Playa Mayor is what its about, not the shitty experience at the Bernabau. The streets of Kharkiv, drinking until late at night with some fantastic Ukranians, is what its about. As daft as it sounds, for many the trek to any stadium gets in the way. Herded like cattle, kept in until most of the bars shut, treated like shit by many a riot cop.

Who gives a flying fuck if we're outsung by the robotic Ultra's, its a losing battle against that monotone shite, as every other English team experiences. I've never really heard it mentioned before now. It's complete and utter bollocks, and any regular Euro away Blue knows the respect we have. We respect the locals, have a proper mash up, and they love everything about our brilliant support.

It's a shame some of own don't show the same respect. Moaning about our away following? Fuck right off.

Up the fucking Blues.

The noise we all made entering Copenhagen station for the football train Tuesday night was absolutely mega, more than a few locals who stopped on their commutes home to take videos etc.

I've not been to Huddersfield, but I wouldn't say it's like Burnley. No roof for a start to keep the sound in, and the stand is way more wide than tall which leads to loads of little pockets of fans singing, but no one singing in one voice.

I'd argue that the stand was actually very similar to SS1 at the Etihad
im going to be picky as you and say if you havnet been to huddersfield away how do you know it is not like burnley ?

I wasnt being precise buddy, just saying along the lines of at least half the end in one tier behind goals, this is very similar. Huddersfield and burnley should be bouncing for the away fans due to this placing, it couldnt be better. As the look of Copenhagen stadium tuesday night was, fans in one end, right behind goals, prime stuff is this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.