Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Again I'm going against most of you here, I thought the atmosphere today was really good. The first half, a goal down to our local rivals and it was a tense nervy affair but people were stil shouting and cheering them on. Just because we are not singing for 90 minutes doesn't make it shit. The second half was even better.

Did anyone get a close view of what happened in 233 after their goal. Looked like punches were being thrown?
We are in 232 , had a great view of it , utd fan got a good slapping before getting chucked out , one lad gave him a right punch , caught him a cracker .

Decent enough. Won't go down as an all time great derby atmosphere but we made plenty of noise overall. Can't complain about it. Have to say I thought their fans were horrific. Winning (unexpectedly I might add) for about an hour and barely mustered a Cockney song between them. Was very noticeable any chants of theirs that had "fucking" in it sounded like "facking" long trip back to London for them, can see why they all left early.

Also another mention for the switched ends. Great decision and makes a difference. I said to the guy next to me as the teams came out, we should be kicking this way second half, mot expecting it to happen, and then we changed to my great surprise.

I'd be Interested to know how that happened because they would surely want to be kicking towards their fans second half and if we had wanted the switch then we are entitled to designate that as our default side first half anyway with it only to be changed by the loss of the coin toss.

It makes a difference and it's always been odd that we don't do it every game. Pretty much every other team kicks towards their most vocal end second half and denies the opponents kicking to the away fans.

Yep but the two minutes where I wanna see the teams arrive and spur on our players. I could be ridiculous and say that's why we were a goal down at half time. Of course it's not but but I'm pretty sure vocal support spurs the players on more than a flag which I still don't know what it said cos I was underneath it
Players love the tifos, I'm fairly sure they were all posting stuff about the "follow you everywhere" one from last season.

Doing the Poznan to “You’re fucking shit!” in SSL1 wasn’t right.

It’s a low bar but today’s atmosphere was the best of the season, it was quite good not the best but good

The 2nd half against Chelsea was better.

When it was 3 the atmosphere picked up.

Decent enough. Won't go down as an all time great derby atmosphere but we made plenty of noise overall. Can't complain about it. Have to say I thought their fans were horrific. Winning (unexpectedly I might add) for about an hour and barely mustered a Cockney song between them. Was very noticeable any chants of theirs that had "fucking" in it sounded like "facking" long trip back to London for them, can see why they all left early.

Also another mention for the switched ends. Great decision and makes a difference. I said to the guy next to me as the teams came out, we should be kicking this way second half, mot expecting it to happen, and then we changed to my great surprise.

I'd be Interested to know how that happened because they would surely want to be kicking towards their fans second half and if we had wanted the switch then we are entitled to designate that as our default side first half anyway with it only to be changed by the loss of the coin toss.

It makes a difference and it's always been odd that we don't do it every game. Pretty much every other team kicks towards their most vocal end second half and denies the opponents kicking to the away fans.

I’m in 115 and for years myself and mates have questioned why we seem to prefer attacking towards the family stand in the second half and not the much larger and more vocal South Stand. Everton the other week and today both produced the right results attacking the South Stand in the second half. Perhaps we should do it more often. Now there’s a thought….

As someone who sits in 104 I hate these flag displays. The team walks out for our most anticipated game of the season and I don't even know when they're walking out cos I can't see a thing. Ruins the build up for me and I don't see that it adds a great deal. Surely noise from the east stand trumps a flag??

Handshakes were something else. Gutted you missed it.

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.