Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Not forgetting the classic "champions of Europe we've won it twice" fucking wow !
I don’t mind Chelsea fans in the main. They’re nowhere near as aggressive as they used to be - although we did have a run-in with a few of them prior to the 2013 semi-final - and I find I can actually have a decent conversation with a lot of them.

However, it did make me laugh what they were singing walking up Wembley Way before the match yesterday. We’d been drinking in Camden and had totally misjudged the amount of time it would take to get to the stadium so we landed at Wembley Park only about 15 minutes before kick-off. As such, it was only stragglers making their way up WW. Chelsea fans were singing “Palmer again, Ole Ole”. Afterwards when we were legging it back down WW in order to make our train home, I was singing a bastardised version: “Palmer again, no, no, no, noooooo….”. I’m not sure the Chelsea fans who heard me were too impressed!

Atmosphere was alright today at Wembley, I thought we were on Par with the Chelsea fans, although we were obviously really loud after we scored.

It's a really awkward ground to try and create an atmosphere at imo, we absolutely tried our best.

6/10
Disagree.
I think the atmosphere is usually pretty good at Wembley partly due to the size of the roof making for good acoustics. Yesterday was as good as usual I thought, not on the level of last year’s final obviously but good nonetheless.
I don’t understand why so many think Wembley is shit. There’s far worse places and the transport options are more than sufficient - unless they make us kick off at a stupid time meaning there’s no trains to Manchester.

Disagree.
I think the atmosphere is usually pretty good at Wembley partly due to the size of the roof making for good acoustics. Yesterday was as good as usual I thought, not on the level of last year’s final obviously but good nonetheless.
I don’t understand why so many think Wembley is shit. There’s far worse places and the transport options are more than sufficient - unless they make us kick off at a stupid time meaning there’s no trains to Manchester.
I think the problem we have is that all the atmosphere is coming from the bottom tier which has awful acoustics, as the top tier was a lot of tourists and families and all sitting down.

On rare occasions that the top tier got chants going they spread around the whole end and it created a racket. This was what made our atmosphere so good in the final last year, there was plenty from the top tier.

Exactly the same as SS3 in the Etihad!

- I completely agree about the transport being good, took me 30 minutes to get back to euston after a quick exit.

n
I was in 519 and it was full of tourists and a few Chelsea fans also it was really strange. Most of them didn’t even look interested in the match and just sat on the their phones it was a strange atmosphere in that block.
This bloke was sat next to me in 517 , tourist , check. Half and half scarf ,check. Filming himself, check, but he also
Had a mega bucket of fucking
popcorn !!!

I think the problem we have is that all the atmosphere is coming from the bottom tier which has awful acoustics, as the top tier was a lot of tourists and families and all sitting down.

On rare occasions that the top tier got chants going they spread around the whole end and it created a racket. This was what made our atmosphere so good in the final last year, there was plenty from the top tier.

Exactly the same as SS3 in the Etihad!

- I completely agree about the transport being good, took me 30 minutes to get back to euston after a quick exit.
I got out a bit later, took me 2 hours.

Last edited:
An American lady came up to us on the concourse and asked us why my son had a 6ft inflatable banana (which btw took a lot of negotiation and escalation to steward mgmt to get it in). We tried to explain, not sure she got it. Forgot to ask her how many loyalty points she had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.