Atmosphere 2024/25

If we can't move the away fans move the cameras to the other side. This would make the away fans dissappear round the corner as at OT and Anfield. Nothing more annoying on telly than see the away fans erupt as we concede a goal in the south stand end. Realise I am speaking for the armchair fans here which regrettably is me these days.

If we can't move the away fans move the cameras to the other side. This would make the away fans dissappear round the corner as at OT and Anfield. Nothing more annoying on telly than see the away fans erupt as we concede a goal in the south stand end. Realise I am speaking for the armchair fans here which regrettably is me these days.
No chance of a camera move with the Manchester sun, ok it's only out a couple of games a season but it'd make armchair viewing difficult.

The home fans currently in those blocks (109 and 110 I think) regularly put SSL1 to shame.
Not difficult .....SS1/2/3 should be all City with ES1 relocating to SS2/3 & away fans being moved round the corner flag to ES1/SS1.

The best acoustics in the stadium come from height and a concentration of noise. Our fans are split up over 3/4 disconnected zones.

Sound/acoustic speakers in arenas,theatres stadiums are always stacked vertically NOT horizontally....ask yourself why !!

If you're correct why are we discussing the atmosphere?

If SSL1 'performs' there is no issue with the atmosphere.

Time and again, game after game, my brother and I wonder where the fuck is our singing section?
So you didn't hear SSL1 on Sunday at all?

Do me a favour! Lol!

I've sat on CBL1 and CBL2 and I've heard SSL1.

I heard 111, 110, 109, and ESL1 on Sunday.

I've heard the NS at times.

There's obviously something wrong with your hearing. Get it checked out.

The thread is about the atmosphere around the ground, not just about SSL1.

So you didn't hear SSL1 on Sunday at all?

Do me a favour! Lol!

I've sat on CBL1 and CBL2 and I've heard SSL1.

I heard 111, 110, 109, and ESL1 on Sunday.

I've heard the NS at times.

There's obviously something wrong with your hearing. Get it checked out.

The thread is about the atmosphere around the ground, not just about SSL1.
SSL1 drives the atmosphere around the ground which is why we're discussing it.

SSL1 were OK on Sunday.

Nothing wrong with my hearing.

Nobody is saying the atmosphere is always bad.

The fact that it is sometimes very good surely invalidates, or at least weakens, your argument that the stadium configuration is the decisive factor.

If SSL1 is always singing (You can hear them from CB Level 3) but others can not.

What do you do to improve the acoustics?

It's not really a mystery. The noise travels up and so people in CBL3 can hear it but generally if you're anywhere near the NS you hear SSL3 over SSL1. That's because the roof refracts the noise back into the ground. I've seen plenty of occasions where SSL1 people think it's been buzzing and they've made a racket, but that's not reached other parts of the ground.

You need the singers under the roof, it's as simple as that. The roof has materials to refract the noise, rather than it travelling upwards getting muffled by clothes and lost. The new NS is proposing materials to help retain noise and that will amplify around the ground and everyone will hear it. SSL1 could have thousands of fans making a racket, but stick that same number under the roof and they're getting amplified.

If SSL1 is always singing (You can hear them from CB Level 3) but others can not.

What do you do to improve the acoustics?
You encourage our singers to move to a brand spanking new North Stand, get them all under the roof, and the sound they make will boom around the Etihad

It's not really a mystery. The noise travels up and so people in CBL3 can hear it but generally if you're anywhere near the NS you hear SSL3 over SSL1. That's because the roof refracts the noise back into the ground. I've seen plenty of occasions where SSL1 people think it's been buzzing and they've made a racket, but that's not reached other parts of the ground.

You need the singers under the roof, it's as simple as that. The roof has materials to refract the noise, rather than it travelling upwards getting muffled by clothes and lost. The new NS is proposing materials to help retain noise and that will amplify around the ground and everyone will hear it. SSL1 could have thousands of fans making a racket, but stick that same number under the roof and they're getting amplified.
1000008386.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.