Atmosphere 2024/25

Sky Saturday Night Football. (SNF)

“The cauldron that is Goodison Park”

Bar the roar after Anthony Gordon missed the penalty, it’s a fucking morgue.

Yet the myth that Goodison Park is a cauldron of support and noise continues.(on Sky Football)

I don’t know the model. It’s a whopping Samsung thing that I bought, along with a giant tele, of some Swiss woman from Hale for knockdown price (it’s got Euro two-pronged plugs on them). All-in new would be about £3,000 and she sorted me for £500. One of the setting on it makes the crowd quiet and the commentators louder which is good for things like documentaries so the speech is clearer, but there’s another setting on it (‘Night mode’ or something) which takes all the bass out of the speech and makes the crowd dead clear.

The only thing about Samsung teles is that the bulbs go on them but it’s about a 70” or something so was worth it.
A Swiss lady from leafy Hale doing you a big favour. Are you banging Mrs Akanji

Sky Saturday Night Football. (SNF)

“The cauldron that is Goodison Park”

Bar the roar after Anthony Gordon missed the penalty, it’s a fucking morgue.

Yet the myth that Goodison Park is a cauldron of support and noise continues.(on Sky Football)
Yep, easy to be loud at that point. Just like Newcastle last week after they scored that penalty.

I must add that I’ve been attending games at Goodison since the 1990-91 season and the loudest I ever remember it was when they beat us in the first match between us both following the Lescott transfer. It was pretty toxic between both clubs and both sets of fans at the time and with it being a Saturday evening 5.30 kick-off as well it added another layer to the atmosphere.

It sounds pretty decent at Goodison to me. Not necessarily chanting but a continuous buzz around the ground and responses to events on the pitch like tackles, winning corners, ref decisions etc.

Think it’s a bit weird knocking other crowds to be honest when a lot of City fans are pretty sensitive about it themselves.

66 minutes into the 2nd half and the 1st chant of Everton, Everton, Everton.

It sounds pretty decent at Goodison to me. Not necessarily chanting but a continuous buzz around the ground and responses to events on the pitch like tackles, winning corners, ref decisions etc.

Think it’s a bit weird knocking other crowds to be honest when a lot of City fans are pretty sensitive about it themselves.

I’m on about chanting and songs. Any crowd can make noises of frustration. That isn’t creating an atmosphere.

At least City fans sing songs and chant throughout the match.

Yet, we’re constantly told there isn’t any support and atmosphere at the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.