Atmosphere 2024/25

And Twente had a larger away section than for a normal game...how ?
Because premier league rules require the home team to give 10% of the capacity to away fans, unless the capacity is greater than 30,000, then they just give 3,000. So for premier league games the away allocation at OT is 3,000.

In the Uefa comps, Uefa requires the home team to give 5% of the capacity full stop. 5% of 75,000 is 3,750.

So for all UCL games, rags have to give an extra 750 away seats that they wouldn't have to give in Premier league games.

Interesting article in the Athletic re the decline in Anfield atmosphere. Same issues, tickets too expensive, sales criteria, too many corporate areas, younger fans priced out or not qualifying. It's the Disnification of the Premier League, a game is an event, like a theme park, a treat for the kids, often attracting pretty dispassionate observers. City is the same, Arsenal and United are worse.
I love seeing new City fans coming to their first game, enthusiastic, thrilled be at the ground, and very welcome. But the EPL is a global attraction in a way that no other football league is, bar maybe Madrid and Barca. Lots of people at games are there to witness, not participate.
(Anfield is absolutely silent tonight BTW)

The atmosphere at Anfield has been dire for years. Their biggest games these days are City and United. The rest of the time it is like a graveyard. Anfield is a total myth. In the 7Os and 80s it was fantastic though. A very intimidating place to visit as an away fan.

The atmosphere at Anfield has been dire for years. Their biggest games these days are City and United. The rest of the time it is like a graveyard. Anfield is a total myth. In the 7Os and 80s it was fantastic though. A very intimidating place to visit as an away fan.
Anfield has always had a great atmosphere for big games. The set up of their stadium, while it’s not the prettiest, is geared to create noise.

The atmosphere in the second half of our game there last season was excellent, and the first leg of the CL game we had there is one of the best atmospheres I’ve ever heard.

Outside their biggest games, it’s no better than any other ground though.

Anfield has always had a great atmosphere for big games. The set up of their stadium, while it’s not the prettiest, is geared to create noise.

The atmosphere in the second half of our game there last season was excellent, and the first leg of the CL game we had there is one of the best atmospheres I’ve ever heard.

Outside their biggest games, it’s no better than any other ground though.
Agreed. The first time I went there with City was 1974. It really was a bear pit in those days. The level of violence was also off the scale with routine stabbings and slashings from their thugs. The trains were always bricked at Edge Hill before they got to Lime Street. Modern day fans really have no idea how bad Anfield was. Much worse than United away for starters.

Explain.

Dont understand.

Years ago we tried an operation one end. Granted a good few years ago now, and it was fucking silent the whole game, with next to no away fans to drown us out. What many completely ignore is that the atmosphere is usually around the away fans. Move the away fans and that removes a large element of what gets many people going during the match.

In the Uefa comps, Uefa requires the home team to give 5% of the capacity full stop. 5% of 75,000 is 3,750.
Side thought, based on Uefas rules, when our capacity increases to 62,000 we'll have to give the away fans 3,100, which is an extra 100 seats.

I know it's not many, but I wonder they'll find an extra 100 seats.

Agreed. The first time I went there with City was 1974. It really was a bear pit in those days. The level of violence was also off the scale with routine stabbings and slashings from their thugs. The trains were always bricked at Edge Hill before they got to Lime Street. Modern day fans really have no idea how bad Anfield was. Much worse than United away for starters.
First time I went was in the 60’s and the atmosphere was unbelievable, the days of St. John and Roger Hunt, iirc. Don’t remember much violence though although the dippers invented train wrecking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.