Atmosphere 2024/25

Some grounds have slightly better acoustics than others I'd say. The Kop at Anfield is single tiered with a low roof, which always allows for more of an echo than most newer grounds so it sounds a bit better on TV on big nights. Ours is quite open, we have 4 separate stands that don't link so you rarely hear one side from another. It really depends on your stadium layout for me, but the idea some grounds are really atmospheric and others aren't is a load of bollocks. They all have their days.
Always found the acoustics really strange at Villa Park.

You can't really hear the Holte end from the upper away tier, but can hear it really clearly from the lower away tier

You can't really hear the Holte end from the upper away tier, but can hear it really clearly from the lower away tier
It's the same from the away end mate, if you sit in the holte end (or that side) you can virtually never hear the away end. Yet when you sit North stand side the away fans are usually loud as fuck. Quite amusing watching both sets of supporters singing shall we sing a song for you, not realising that they probably both can't hear each other.

I think it's because there are big gaps between each stand and a lot of the noise makes it's way out of the stadium as opposed to echoing throughout.

No team in the country has a good atmosphere consistently

Great video of Leeds fans in that X thread by the Newcastle fan:

An American musician called Anton Newcombe from a band called The Brian Jonestown Massacre, spent a weekend with Leeds fans - went to the pubs with them and to a game at Elland Road - and made this song off the back of that chant:

Last edited:
Watching Villa v BM.

The Villa fans have been dreadful. Hardly any singing.

The BM fans have been their usual ultra non stop singing.
I thought the Villa fans were good last night (I have got a good sound bar with a good setting for the footy that amplifies the fans and reduces the commentators), they kicked every ball with their team. Involved with ‘oo’s ‘aa’s ‘come on’s ‘go on’s ‘fuck off’s ‘yyyeeaahh’s all game.

Yeah, they didn’t sing that much but singing doesn’t equate to all an atmosphere is, an atmosphere is mostly about fans being vocally involved in the game.

Not the best atmosphere I’ve ever heard or owt, but was good all the same.

Bayern fans were okay, they sang all game with their same chants, probably not watching a second of the game. But they were decent enough.

I did like the lad getting caught doing a line off his hand in their end, mind!

Last edited:
Every person in Level 1 at Ibrox is stood up watching the game.
We used to have that at the Etihad.

There were a number of derbies where that happened when we first moved into the CoMS. Hamburg I think even Level 2 might have been stood up as well as Level 1 (never heard an atmosphere like Hamburg before or since at any ground). Second half in that Adebyor game against Arsenal. And even a Europa League game against Sporting at home where Joe Hart nearly made it 4-4 in the last seconds with a header at a corner, all of Level 1 stood up for the second half come back of that game.

Then stewards started getting dead moany from around 2012 onwards about standing and its proper disappeared now. Someone in 105 the other month against Ipswich was telling people to sit down when Haaland was taking a penalty to make it 1-1 (he got told to do one).

It was bloody noisy at Villa Park for that Ipswich semi in 1981. I think it has always been one of the better grounds for atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.