Atmosphere in the ground !

dan.j.mcfc

The atmosphere in the ground has never been too great in my opinion, but im fortunate enough to have a season ticket in block 111 where arguably most of the noise is generated by our fans. I was just wondering how fans sat else where felt about it, because personally i wouldnt be able to handle sitting anywhere else where singing rarely took place.

Season ticket 117, as felix said wouldn't wanna be anywhere else, singing section is uncomfotble to be in for me at times, you don't even see half the match, south stand has alot of freindly people good singing good banter and a good view... in the first half

felixbg said:
season tickets in 117, wouldnt want to be anywhere else.the singing section is very overrated

You lot need to sing up then pal cos 118/117 get quieter every home game that passes.

I used to sit in 118 and moved to 110. Far better in 110, there is no comparison.

Theres no doubt there are other areas that sing too and block 117 is probably equally as vocal as the singing section, i was trying to make the point would you be happy if you were sat for instance on the 3rd tier away from any real atmosphere or singing. Personally it would make me feel less of a fan if i were not stood up singing and shouting through out the match. Im not for one second insinuating that people who do sit their are less of a fan than i am, but thats just my opinion.

Block 304, 305 or 306 every time for me, best view in the ground even if it doesnt get as noisy as other areas, at least i can see what is going on on the pitch.
I used to sit in the North Stand Maine Road most games (Citycard holder)and enjoyed the atmosphere (when it was good), but the crap view put me off, and I decided to get a ST on Level 3 Halfway line when we moved, and while I dont have the ST anymore, i still use one of my mate when possible, knock spots off any other part of the ground i have been in.
(though as I am now in my mid 40's, that may have something to do with it as well)

im with law 74, the 305 is by far the best view, so thats where i tend to sit.
however for atmosphere, definitely not the best place, but its whatever or wherever suits the person<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 pm --<br /><br />im with law 74, the 305 is by far the best view, so thats where i tend to sit.
however for atmosphere, definitely not the best place, but its whatever or wherever suits the person

if the atmosphere is being described as poor and we have a dedicated "singing section" then they can't be that good can they...

117 is the best always has been always will be
yeah sometimes its goes quiet, early kicks off don't help i think but there you go....

what makes me laugh is that people who sit in 110/111 seem to have a chip on their shoulder about not being recognised "look at us, look at us.. we're the singing section, why does no-one give us any credit, blah blah"

there's plenty of times when the singing section goes quiet as well but no-one seems to bring that up...

I've mentioned many times that I think our atmosphere is embarrassing a lot of the time. I am a singer and would stand in a vocal area if they were worth being part of. But not since 1994 has there been anything at City worth being part of!

The South Stand and East Corner are both overrated, both very often not loud enough and don't sing for long enough to get the rest of the stadium going. And the worst thing is, whether you like it or not, it is your responsibility to get the rest of the stadium going by singing songs for a greater prolongued period of time than you do (songs sometimes die before the whole vocal area starts singing, let alone the rest of the stadium!). But I don't think many of the people who are part of them areas understand that and don't take that respinsibility, either through lack of dedication or they can't be arsed. Which makes you shit!

Both areas are far far too small with far too few numbers and are often outsung, like yesterday, by away fans who bring large numbers; numbers which easily equal the amount of fans we have in vocal areas, but they are all together. Many many times I will hear a murmur from one of our vocal areas and think "oh what's that they're singing?" and will ready myself to join in when I recognise it, but then the away fans will drown you out. In a way that isn't your fault though, that's the clubs fault. There is a whole stand, that won't be filled for the majority of games this season, dedicated to familes. But look at Johnson celebrating his winner yesterday and there were people sat down not even clapping the goal in that stand! But the club have provided just a few blocks in the East Stand corner to one side of the away fans and three blocks in the South Stand to the other side for arguably the most important fans in the ground (I know everyone is important but atmosphere can win a team games sometimes, look at Liverpool in Europe. In 2005 and 2007 Liverpool FC weren't even in the top 10 teams in Europe let alone the best!). That is an absolute joke!

Whenever I hear a song in your areas, I start singing it with a fair few blokes I sit near. I sit in 105. I understand my responsibility to try and get my block going and try to otherwise nobody would sing. But far too often people around us don't join in with songs along with us because the song has already died in the vocal areas after I've sung one line.

Last Thursday the East Corner sang "Oh When The Blues Go Marching In" for about 7minutes and it was the best thing I've heard from the vocal areas for AGES! And well done! Maybe you lot do have it in you, but you need to do it more often! Do that in the derby! In the last 4 years or so in every single home derby the atmosphere has been terrible!

In 7 years at the CoMS I can remember all of our special atmospheres:
2004 derby 4-1 win
Was it 2004? A 17:30 ko v Villa which we won
2005 win v Chelsea which was the only game they lost that season
2007 FA Cup replay win v Villa
2009 Hamburg UEFA game
2009 last seasons win v Chelsea
and really that's it. Full proper 90minutes (not 5minutes here and there) of great atmospheres in 7 years.

Very often these days the away atmopsheres are really really shocking from us as well, really bad, and there's no excuse for that, that's just us being shit fans!

WHERE IS THE BLUE ALLIANCE?! WE NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.