Atmosphere tonight

for me its a joke that we can't even get to someone at city with these views.

it is easier for me to get a face to face meeting with my the CEO of my business and potentially even CEO Of the GROUP.

THe ticket office etc. it has always been the same, ran by rags who don't care.

I emailed city (Sales department?) to tell them that, winning only the 4th major trophy of my life time (Carling cup) why the FUCK can't I buy a signed photo from the shop? I have had to buy a non signed one off ebay which doesn't match the other photos I have (fake signed I imagine) from ebay. I got a copy and pasted response...

surely bluemoon and the mods are big enough to have city connections to voice this? FFS We have guys like tolmie claiming to know the intracies of ross barkelys career aspirations but can't even get air time with the club?!?!

shakermaker85 said:
The club need to focus on attracting the kids/teens of Manchester through the gates. Getting them in at low cost.
And this is coming from a non-local (but long serving) supporter.
These kids will be you're bread and butter for life. The tourists will drop you as soon as the next trend come along. But them kids will be with you for life. Don't lose another generation!

I tried to get a seat for my daughter last year (Hull at home). Cheapest price I could get for a 4 year old was £27. She ended up coming in on my knee, but now she's asking when I can take her to the football again and to be honest I can't see it happening in the near future. I don't think attracting the blue of the future is high on the list of the clubs priorities.

Mancityfans.net'er said:

it is easier for me to get a face to face meeting with my the CEO of my business and potentially even CEO Of the GROUP.

I emailed city (Sales department?) to tell them that, winning only the 4th major trophy of my life time (Carling cup) why the FUCK can't I buy a signed photo from the shop? I have had to buy a non signed one off ebay which doesn't match the other photos I have (fake signed I imagine) from ebay. I got a copy and pasted response...

surely bluemoon and the mods are big enough to have city connections to voice this? FFS We have guys like tolmie claiming to know the intracies of ross barkelys career aspirations but can't even get air time with the club?!?!

Spot fucking on.

Its about time the fans were heard and where better from this site. It needs doing now.

moomba said:
shakermaker85 said:
The club need to focus on attracting the kids/teens of Manchester through the gates. Getting them in at low cost.
And this is coming from a non-local (but long serving) supporter.
These kids will be you're bread and butter for life. The tourists will drop you as soon as the next trend come along. But them kids will be with you for life. Don't lose another generation!

I tried to get a seat for my daughter last year (Hull at home). Cheapest price I could get for a 4 year old was £27. She ended up coming in on my knee, but now she's asking when I can take her to the football again and to be honest I can't see it happening in the near future. I don't think attracting the blue of the future is high on the list of the clubs priorities.

not sure on that one, they rang me every day for a week trying to get me to commit another season ticket in the extended area, turned it down in the end, would have purchased another junior ticket, but with having to shell out for platinum, and the yearly rises we opted to share the present junior season ticket between the kids.

If they want more people they need to help, make free parking an option, you wouldnt pay a tenner anywhere else, why do football clubs think its acceptable. Drop the price of food, everything went up another 50p, when it was already overpriced, anyone know why?

Bored shitless of getting ripped off at football, it really is beyond a joke.

Mancityfans.net'er said:

Fan's need to be engaged and consulted - face to face not on some "tick box exercise online experience".
Would happily volunteer some of my time, as I'm sure plenty of others would, to some sort of fan committee that's consutled on the type of issues discussed here - but I don't think the club really wants to know. Some media and marketing type, kitted out with an earpiece and mike is probably too busy getting the flagwavers organised.

lancs blue said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
The club needs to move the away fans, and allow the South Stand to be a standing singing section, if that can be made possible the atmosphere will hugely improve. Having a dedicated large section should help the atmosphere to catch on around the stadium.

No, it won't improve at all, you need away fans on L1 as well as a unified, dedicated City end to make the atmosphere better, that's why I'd make the North stand L1 the home end for the singers.

It seems that most of us agree that CITY must have one, complete `end` located at level one of the stadium for the more vocal supporters rather than the `singing` fans ( I recognise that other fans sing in other parts of the stadium), rather than being split in two as at present which does not happen at any other club in the world.

If we accept that having one `end` will be better for lots of reasons then the next matter to resolve is which end?

IF we were moving from Maine Road to The Etihad now I would have established the North Stand.Level One as the CITY `end` and had the away fans at the other end, in the current position, for crowd control purposes and access to coaches/cars on the dedicated car park. Lets not forget though that at almost every away ground most away fans just leave the stadium and immediately mix with home supporters. In any case at CITY this soon happens when away fans exit on to Ashton New Road.

In theory, but it would require some effort and planning, this could still happen by transferring all the level one North Stand seasoncard holders to the South Stand level one and vice-versa plus relocating the East Stand `Kippax` corner to the North Stand. However this would still mean locating the away fans to the new Level Three of the South Stand. The Club have however worked hard to attract families to matches and to create special amenities in the North Stand and outside. Arguably the entire North Stand is too large just for families and maybe having a completely full upper tier only would have been better but we should acknowledge that the Club is trying to cater for fans of all ages across different price ranges and does more than any other club that I am aware of. We should applaud the many good things that CITY do.

My view is that,overall, at the current time the best option is to easily create for season 2015/16 a complete CITY`end` at level One of the South Stand with the East Stand corner being transferred to the seats currently occupied by away fans. The away fans should then be relocated to the new Level Three of the South Stand which is big enough for all PL away allocations of up to 3,000 . On those Cup matches where the away fans are entitled to and can take up a bigger allocation, the entire third level of circa 6,000 tickets, should be allocated. This will significantly reduce crowd control inside the stadium as the away fans will, in effect, be in their own stand,similar to when we go to Stretford for cup matches.

One of the last options I saw from the Club was to allocate away fans on three levels of the South Stand but in narrower and smaller blocks. Arguably this would be better than at present as it will probably dissipate the vocal away support to some extent but would still require lots of stewarding /policing inside the ground; would result in the loss of seats /income due to segregation; and would still require similar levels of policing outside the stadium.

What are the thoughts of other Blues?

Chippy_boy said:
I agree St Helen's. it has got to the point where a large proportion of our traditional support are starting to not give a toss about the CL. Yes, I know this is not right and is to be regretted and should not be the case etc, but it's the reality.

We hear excuse after excuse about the cost, the travelling, the tourists, the bad atmosphere, you name it. But if we were in the semi's or quarters against Real or Barca, we all know the place would be packed and rocking. But when it's another group game in another fixed group and we are going to play the same players in the same formation and get overrun in midfield again and have a disappointing result again, you know what, people just can't be arsed.

Something has got to change, or it is only going to get worse.

if people stop bothering about this competition then why get stressed about finishing top 4 all season? Only the title wins trophies. other than that for people that don't care, why worry where we finish? Could be 2nd, 5th 10th 15th.

Surely the whole point of players busting a gut to win trophies and take us into this competition is what football is all about? Whether we then do well in it or not is irrelevant isn't it? You have to be in it to win it.

Clearly it is important to the owners and for us to grow as a club and continue to compete at the top level.

We are very lucky the owner chose us and not someone else for this project. Newcastle fans could be enjoying all this now while we are at Stoke or worse shouting for Warnock's head or whoever is our manager now.

The fans job has always been and will always be to support the side whatever is happening. We were once masters at this but it seems that is not always the case nowadays.

If it is purely cost that stops people going then the club need to look at this. If it is apathy then that is a bigger concern.

Yesterday was seriously embarrassing. I know some people are probably going to call me a rag or whatever for what I'm about to say next but if your not biased and are actually realistic, then you'll agree with it.

Although I don't like Scholes, he speaks the truth and unfortunately the truth hurts. The atmosphere was shit. Rio is just a mug and the he just wanted to have a dig, but Scholes was just speaking the truth whether you like it or not. I understand some people not liking the Champions League cause of what's happened with FFP or cause we keep getting tough groups, but that reason isn't good enough. Non of this nonsense that the groups are fixed either, yes the seeding could be better but it is what it is, how do you think Roma felt when they were seeded against us and Bayern? But they're managing just fine so far (and that was a really weakened team with the injuries last night).

We just keep coming up with excuses and it's lame cause it's just trying to find reasons for our failure. We have a really good team, I've got my personal opinions on them (such as we should have had a 5 man midfield last night and need players like a Hazard who can dribble and run rather than try to pass the ball into the net everytime like Arsenal) and I'm sure everyone else does too. The owners are doing their best, the manager is good but what about the fans?

We've been through a struggle for so long and now we're at the top but not making the most of it. Look at the atmosphere that other clubs get especially the german clubs, we need to make the stadium an intimidating place, a fortress, a place where the opposition know before a ball has even been kicked that they are in for a hell of a game.

A game isn't won by the fans, but the effect the fans have on the match can't be underestimated.

I also wish Pellegrini would get use used to another formation like a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 . Yaya just isn't cutting it this season in CM alone with one other midfielder. Stick Milner or lampard or fernando (when he's back), or even Nasri with them and maybe stick Jovetic on the left wing, just something different.

Aguero said:
Yesterday was seriously embarrassing. I know some people are probably going to call me a rag or whatever for what I'm about to say next but if your not biased and are actually realistic, then you'll agree with it.

Although I don't like Scholes, he speaks the truth and unfortunately the truth hurts. The atmosphere was shit. Rio is just a mug and the he just wanted to have a dig, but Scholes was just speaking the truth whether you like it or not. I understand some people not liking the Champions League cause of what's happened with FFP or cause we keep getting tough groups, but that reason isn't good enough. Non of this nonsense that the groups are fixed either, yes the seeding could be better but it is what it is, how do you think Roma felt when they were seeded against us and Bayern? But they're managing just fine so far (and that was a really weakened team with the injuries last night).

We just keep coming up with excuses and it's lame cause it's just trying to find reasons for our failure. We have a really good team, I've got my personal opinions on them (such as we should have had a 5 man midfield last night and need players like a Hazard who can dribble and run rather than try to pass the ball into the net everytime like Arsenal) and I'm sure everyone else does too. The owners are doing their best, the manager is good but what about the fans?

We've been through a struggle for so long and now we're at the top but not making the most of it. Look at the atmosphere that other clubs get especially the german clubs, we need to make the stadium an intimidating place, a fortress, a place where the opposition know before a ball has even been kicked that they are in for a hell of a game.

A game isn't won by the fans, but the effect the fans have on the match can't be underestimated.

I also wish Pellegrini would get use used to another formation like a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 . Yaya just isn't cutting it this season in CM alone with one other midfielder. Stick Milner or lampard or fernando (when he's back), or even Nasri with them and maybe stick Jovetic on the left wing, just something different.

So you think it is alright for a little scruffy rag **** to pass judgement on city fans non attendance do you??A person who through no fault of his own has ever had to save up for a ticket or maybe worry about the cost of Christmas or paying the next bill. We all agree football is expensive but to have this toss pot talking us down really sticks in the gut!
Or our performance with his rag tinted specs??

Get a grip-the performance was poor but maybe a bit more of a balanced view would be accepted rather than an odious little rag **** sticking the boot in!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Aguero said:

So you think it is alright for a little scruffy rag **** to pass judgement on city fans non attendance do you??A person who through no fault of his own has ever had to save up for a ticket or maybe worry about the cost of Christmas or paying the next bill. We all agree football is expensive but to have this toss pot talking us down really sticks in the gut!
Or our performance with his rag tinted specs??

Get a grip-the performance was poor but maybe a bit more of a balanced view would be accepted rather than an odious little rag **** sticking the boot in!

It would have been no better if he'd said "I understand the stadium is half empty because these poor people can't afford a ticket", would it.

The bottom line is though, he should never have been on the show. There's no place for a rag commentating on a City game. It's kindof acceptable when it's Gary Neville and (a) it's his job every week and (b) he's a half decent pundit. But inviting a rag guest for a non-derby City game is ridiculous. He should never have been given air time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.