Atmosphere yesterday

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Any good tonight ??

In all honesty it was pretty poor throughout.

Just an normal day/night on the terraces at the Etihad.

Yeah, not as bad. Not ideal but there was quite a bit of singing, especially the South Stand with blues goes marching in.

Not great again, and to be honest, say we have absolutely nothing to play for its not exactly going to get better for the last couple matches! Can't believe how many people left early as well, total embarrassment is an understatement! Well done to the south stand as always, keep up the good work (:

It was shite again, as per usual this season apart from the derby, getting to the stage where I could watch at home with mates and make a better atmosphere because as it is at the moment it is rubbish, either we've turned spoilt or the fan base is changing because every time I start singing I get evils where I sit!

South stand was improved, there was genuine effort by some but still too many chatting with mates, it was better than Southampton mind you.

If the players and manager can't be arsed you can't blame the fans for not being arsed either.

SiWatts90 said:
It was shite again, as per usual this season apart from the derby, getting to the stage where I could watch at home with mates and make a better atmosphere because as it is at the moment it is rubbish, either we've turned spoilt or the fan base is changing because every time I start singing I get evils where I sit!

No surprise tonight the way we played, leta hope things change with the expansion!

Almost started a new thread about the atmosphere because is really deserves one. Anyway, tonight was dire. We have a section of the stadium that can hold their heads high, it is the lower tier from I'm guessing 107 around to the end of lower tier stand which houses the away fans. So about 10% of the stadium. Seriously I don't know what is wrong with us fans this season. We rant about how the players have let us down well we've been letting the club down too. I sit just behind our bench in the Colin bell, and gradually over the last couple of the seasons the atmosphere has gone from poor to abysmal. My girlfriend, who has been to a handful of games home and away, turned to me today when it was 1-0 about ten mins into the second half and simply asked 'what's wrong?' I was little confused and asked her what did she mean. 'Why is no one supporting the team'. I try shouting a bit but it's embarrassing, I feel like I'm upsetting people.

The stadium finally got behind the team when we were 2-1 down but it's far too late then. You could see once everyone was screaming city forward how Sunderland automatically dropped deeper and started making mistakes. Equally we had more impoteus about us, and it drove our players forward. Now before anyone replies 'I pay I can do what I want' 'the players earn enough money they shouldn't need blah blah blah' the fact is a club is made up of 3 vital factors for me; the manger, the players and the fans. Anyone who thinks atmosphere doesn't make a difference is deluded. Look at anfield last week. Look at stoke many seasons ago. Teams abroad like galatasry, atletico. Now I am not saying we are a major factor in a teams success, I'm just saying we can make a slight difference and tonight that difference may have got us the 3 points.

On the back of the Liverpool defeat we, the fans, needed to lift our players and personally I felt we let the club down. Now I don't have the answer to what the problem is and equally I realise this will piss a fair few of you off. But something needs to change at the ethiad!

Can we improve it to at least shut these scrotes up?

RgbUJGx.jpg

O1tgrG0.jpg

How far we have fallen that the Etihad is spoken of in the same way as the Emirates "Library" now...

PS: ShowSec harassed most of 109 into sitting down tonight. No excuse, but found it funny after City called for the crowd's support on Twitter when they do NOTHING to facilitate atmosphere improvements (was Boys in Blue for 15 seconds supposed to help?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.