Attacking mids

Van der Vaart anyone? I completely agree that if Ireland was to get injured, we don't have too many other midfielders who can break on behind the oppositions back four - and Van der Vaart would be available on the cheap (hasnt even got a squad number at Madrid), is the Holland captain, and just oozes class.

Pisses on Kranjcar too

We need someone who can play on the left and in the hole behind the front men, Imo, David silva would do a job, but would demand a starting place and has no PL expierience. If we got him we could set out like this:

---------------------GIVEN---------------------

----RICHARDS---TOURE---LESCOTT---BRIDGE----

-------------------KOMPANY--------------------

----------IRELAND------------------BARRY------

--------------------SILVA----------------------

---------------ADDY--------ROBINHO-----------

or

---------------------GIVEN---------------------

----RICHARDS---TOURE---LESCOTT---BRIDGE----

----IRELAND----DE JONG----BARRY----SILVA-----

-----------------TEVEZ--ADDY------------------

...we would have to many options imo, we would still have bellemy, rsc, robby, kompany-dejong depending on which formation, onouha, zabeleta.

CaptainCrapTash said:
Now Ela has gone i think we should look at the possibility of buying another Attacking mid

Iv'e been thinking of the possibilities who we could have as backup for stevie or maybe pushing the competition even higher

I have four players who all can play that role but in turn have different abilities, style and character

Some of these players have already been mentioned just wondering who the fans would like too see come in

1. Wesley Sneijder- RMA- obviously a talented player might not work his way into madri but would he settle for a bit part player for us, also i think it would take quite a substantial bid to acquire his services

2. Niko Krancjar- Por- Obviously doesn't want to be their, going really downhill as a club and would need the funds. Would be a very good attacking option from the bench i would think and not an astronomical offer needed

3. Clint dempsey- Ful- maybe tinhat time but ive always been a believer of this guys abilities. Seems to have completely chanegd fulham as a team plus a big offer would not be needed and would be able to play to rest ireland.

Just wondering on the fan's opinions plus any other players in this position the fans can think of??

CCT

I know contracts count for sweet FA nowadays but didn't dempsey just sign a new 5 year deal at full of ham?

sam the drummer said:
Ricster said:
Are you meaning Zhirkov or Matic?
Matic. I've seen Zhirkov before, he'll be a great buy can play LB or on the wing

To be honest Sam, i haven't seen much of him. Saw him in the U21 tournament not so long ago, and he is what made Serbia tick. He was a great loss to that team, and IMO they didn't perform as well without him. He reminds me a little of Viera when he started at Arsenal, very raw and strong but bags of potential. I dont think Chelsea was the right move for him though, unless he is going to be loaned out to another club, he needs to pick up some experience to improve and i cant see him getting that at Chelsea, then again, he will be learning from Essien, who i regard as the best in the business for his position, so who knows. If he does get given a chance at Chelsea, watch how he passes a ball, I hate to say it, but its Beckhamesque.

Ricster said:
sam the drummer said:
Matic. I've seen Zhirkov before, he'll be a great buy can play LB or on the wing

To be honest Sam, i haven't seen much of him. Saw him in the U21 tournament not so long ago, and he is what made Serbia tick. He was a great loss to that team, and IMO they didn't perform as well without him. He reminds me a little of Viera when he started at Arsenal, very raw and strong but bags of potential. I dont think Chelsea was the right move for him though, unless he is going to be loaned out to another club, he needs to pick up some experience to improve and i cant see him getting that at Chelsea, then again, he will be learning from Essien, who i regard as the best in the business for his position, so who knows. If he does get given a chance at Chelsea, watch how he passes a ball, I hate to say it, but its Beckhamesque.
Cheers, I've never seen him before so thought I'd ask!

imo if were gunna buy someone to be an understudy to superman then it will more than likely be a young prospect. That would be the best idea because we can grow for the future, after all its not as if we havn't got anyone who can play in that possition

I would chance Aiden McGeady from Celtic, a good young driving midfielder with an eye for a pass.
I reckon he's the best player in Scotland, but their league has only 2 decent sides in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.