Audi Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Audi Cup 2013 in Munich

sam-caddick said:
The Pope said:
Hong Kong, USA, Germany and possibly South Africa as well as CS?
I think its great we go to these places but all of them in one pre season??
Won't that make them all more fucked in start for the season - they looked it at the start of this season!
I'm guessing they'll get 3 weeks off this summer max.

Well, I'm trusting that all this is planned to get them in pristine condition.

Also a bit miffed with it being Bayern Munich let's see how much they slag us off eh I hope Cheeseman asks them if they still think the same.

I can see where you are coming from mate but I disagree, I thought we were well off being match fit at the start, plus didn't even Mancini speak about lack of match fitness at the start of the season?

You only have to look at the Dortmund home game to define our lack of fitness at the start of the season.

What City need is a good few big competative games during a pre season, it will keep the hunger alive and winning games against the likes of Bayern, Milan, Sao Paulo, United etc.. will only increase our determination and match sharpness for the upcoming season in my opinion.

Top players want to play against top opposition whether it is a friendly or not, and I would rather play against 5-6 top sides rather than 5-6 sides not at our level.

Agreed. I think summers with euros or World cups are really disruptive to pre season. Much prefer a busy pre season schedule like this, its also an excuse to test some youngsters

blue b4 the moon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Gonna be a busy pre-season, America, Hong Kong, Germany and possibly South Africa if rumours are to be true.

Looks like the days of a nice localish friendly are long gone...I know it's all about world domination these days but a trip to Doncaster/Oldham etc was the usual first friendly for us all only a couple of seasons ago.

Bayern still does them. Often in the preparation or when some players come out of injury and need match practice - there is a couple of 3rd league clubs around that make friendlies then. For them it is great as they keep the money - and Bayern has the chance of giving players match practice.

And Bayern does not tour Asia or anything in the pre-season this year. Only the usual trainings camp in the Trentino (North Italy - but that is not so far from Munich) at the beginning of the training session. If they really should win the CL it will be a hell of a season for the players with all matches like the European Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup and the World Cup following. Failure in the following season then can be planned already before that...

The schedule of Bayern for the preseason 2013/14

26th June Start of the Training sessions
4th-12th July Trentino training camp
13th July Friendly match: SG Sonnenhof Großasprach – FC Bayern
14th July Benefit match: FC Hansa Rostock – FC Bayern (Kick-off time to be announced)
Around the 17th Paulaner Cup des Südens (match against a team from fans)
20th July Telekom Cup: FC Bayern – Dortmund (6.30pm in Mönchengladbach)
21th July Telekom Cup: 3rd place match or Final (4.45pm/6.30pm in Mönchengladbach)
24th July Uli Hoeneß Cup: FC Bayern – FC Barcelona (8.30pm)
27th July Supercup (against VfB Stuttgart or Dortmund) - it is Champion against Cup Winner - if Bayern wins both it is first against second of the Bundesliga
31st July/1st of August Audi Cup (AC Milan, FC Sao Paolo, Manchester City)

The Bundesliga season starts August 6th.

When does the EPL start?

Solihull Samba Boys said:
It's my birthday on 30th July. Piss-up in the sunshine in Munich for a couple of days - I'll be having some of that thank you very much.

mine on the 3rd so I think I will be participating in a bit of that myself as well

the originalkippaxman said:
bayern-flo2 said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Fingers crossed you get tickets.
Thanks! Good luck for City in Wembley and next CL Seasons draw :-)

Thanks any non German team would be nice might get a chance of going through group stage :-)

Maybe you get Schalke or Leverkusen. But I do not know in what pots they will be. Schalke will for sure be in pot 2. Leverkusen is on rank 42 right now. Probably pot 3 or maybe even pot 4.

Let's say it like this - if you get Bayern you will not get any of the others ;)

Only land back from Hong Kong on the 30th, would be a very tight fit (perhaps too snug). If I can find something cheap travel wise I'll go but I don't hold out much hope.

Is there any promising young players playing for Sao Paulo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.