Audi Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Audi Cup 2013 in Munich

leipzigblue said:
nehe11 said:
Is it expensive over there?

'Expensive' is a relative term.
If you want to spend two days living like a playboy millionaire, then yes.
If you just want to go and watch footy and get pissed, then no.
I was thinking in terms of food, bevarage, hotel.

nehe11 said:
leipzigblue said:
nehe11 said:
Is it expensive over there?

Accommodation can be expensive, but there's plenty of hostels and if you don't mind travelling a bit to the stadium, the cheaper places are on the outskirts. But for food and booze it's like every other city - stay away from the city centre tourist spots and you'll be fine. Or just get a load of half-litre bottles out of the supermarket and drink them on the street (it's not illegal in Germany, pretty normal in fact)

leipzigblue said:
nehe11 said:
leipzigblue said:

Accommodation can be expensive, but there's plenty of hostels and if you don't mind travelling a bit to the stadium, the cheaper places are on the outskirts. But for food and booze it's like every other city - stay away from the city centre tourist spots and you'll be fine. Or just get a load of half-litre bottles out of the supermarket and drink them on the street (it's not illegal in Germany, pretty normal in fact)
Cheers

leipzigblue said:
nehe11 said:
leipzigblue said:

Nice German beer and wursts here I come! I've heard from my parents that Munich is a beautiful city, this might be the year I go and find out. What better time to go with City in town! :P

S04 said:
Bit funny this, Audi is both a sponsor and part owners of Bayern Munich, but why invite City?
As much as I love the club we are not the biggest in terms of international fame, and given the way Uli have been rather outspoken against us..

Me thinks Bayern have some kind of reason to invite us, might be something about a player? Or us not bidding against them?
The Pep connection to our Barca boys?

No. They already have an italian club with AC Milan - Milan always likes to come. ManU is on an Asia trip at this time. Barcelona is coming a week earlier on July 24th to the Uli Hoeneß Cup (The match is his 60th birthday present - the income for it goes to a charity he has chosen)

Real or Chelsea... - I do not think Pep wants to see Mourinho so early and I guess Guardiola has good contacts to some of the ManCity officials.

Maldeika said:
I guess Guardiola has good contacts to some of the ManCity officials.

Would Guardiola have a say in choosing the team? If so then yes, he is very friendly with Soriano and Txiki who were major backers of his at Barca. In fact Txiki was one of the main backers of the club appointing unproven Pep ahead of serial trophy winner Mourinho.

LoveCity said:
Maldeika said:

Would Guardiola have a say in choosing the team? If so then yes, he is very friendly with Soriano and Txiki who were major backers of his at Barca. In fact Txiki was one of the main backers of the club appointing unproven Pep ahead of serial trophy winner Mourinho.

I have read in a Real forum somewhen early in this year that they expect to go to the Audi Cup. But - Real has a special policy with this friendlies. They e.g. did not make the friendly against Werder Bremen last year that was agreed on in the contact but paid a penalty as they could earn more money in the US. They even let the people pay high prizes for their training sessions there. And maybe Bayern or Audi just did not want to pay what they wanted... - somehow like "if you do not want we take somebody else".

And that is when they asked Manchester City...

(ManCity is on the list of English teams as the Champion of last year and clear second this year certainly higher than the other english teams)

LoveCity said:
Maldeika said:

I can see Pep having an influence on who he wants to play, and with Txiki and Ferran it kind of fits in why we have been invited.

Definately a few pre-season games I am really looking forward to, and if I can afford to go I will attend!

When they announce these 4 team tournaments, why do they not reveal who will be playing whom in the first games? Is it not that straight forward to decide immediately?

City breaks on travelocity 3 nights flights and accommodation for 2 people £540 kings hotl first class on dachauer strasse beside train station lowenbraukeller and augustinerkeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.