Autumn? Anyone else enjoy?

Ducado said:
Just picked a load of apples of my tree, best crop in years sad thing is I don't really like apples that much, still a load left, got a load of quince as well not sure what to do with them when they are ready mind you

Quince jelly - The king of preserves! Stew your apples and they'll freeze really well.

Just finished my harvest for the year. Raspbery jam, blackcurant jam, stewed apple, apple and blackcurrant pies and some rowan berry jelly just waiting for a nice bit of venison or elk.

Autumn is horrible.

My Birthday in the middle of September which reinforces that my best days are behind me, my only Child's Birthday is a few days later, and this year She is 30 which reinforces it even more this year as 30 is one of the biggies.

A massive increase in Ladies wearing Leggings and Ugg Boots and a sharp decrease in mini skirts whenever you are driving somewhere.

All the Flowers in my Garden have died off - I could think of lots more reasons.

Plus points for Autumn; Shitty City never, never ever got relegated in Autumn. Even in our darkest days we still had hope at this time of year.

Brucie is back with a new Season of "Strictly".

andyhinch said:
BOMBER7967 said:
Shit, shite & shitter....I hate the bloody autumn/winter!
Cold, dark and miserable with dangerous road conditions and poor visibility (yes i know drivers can take extra care) and a perilous journey to work for my GF ( over the Cat & Fiddle).....long, light summer days, oh how I love thee!
Buy a 4x4 I was up past the cat and fiddle this morning .

I am fairly sure there were no 6 foot snow drifts up there there this last week, so with all due respect, not really the same thing ;0)

worsleyweb said:
honkytonkman187 said:
worsleyweb said:
Autumn leaves when the grass stops growing...
And a win for my home team.

Anyone remember this song from primary school????

No I mustn't forget to say a great big thank you. No I mustn't forget

Just me then???

I like autumn - nice crisp, cold mornings are great, and has been said, getting the open fire roaring is brilliant.
Honkytonkbaby (18months) looked like a vampire on Sunday - he couldn't get enough of the blackberries in the garden. Thankfully, I wasn't around to deal with the shitty nappies that the blackberries created yetserday !

Thanks for finding that! Brought back some great childhood memories! Carpenter carpenter make me a tree that's the work of somebody far greater than me. Can you remember that one too???

I don't remember that song - the Autumn leaves song reminds me of assembly at primary school - once a week they would wheel the radio into the hall and we'd listen to a BBC Education broadcast - the presenter was called Nick Page. I have no idea why I remember his name. From memory "Autumn leaves" was a regular that we sang along to with that programme.

My favourite was
Yellow bird, up high in banana tree
yellow bird, you sit all alone like me

there was always plenty of giggling when somebody replaced "sit" with "shit"

we were easily pleased as kids

BOMBER7967 said:
andyhinch said:
BOMBER7967 said:
Shit, shite & shitter....I hate the bloody autumn/winter!
Cold, dark and miserable with dangerous road conditions and poor visibility (yes i know drivers can take extra care) and a perilous journey to work for my GF ( over the Cat & Fiddle).....long, light summer days, oh how I love thee!
Buy a 4x4 I was up past the cat and fiddle this morning .

I am fairly sure there were no 6 foot snow drifts up there there this last week, so with all due respect, not really the same thing ;0)
I wasn't suggesting it was, a mate of mines got a farm up there and it gets very bad as you know. A 4x4 would help, but when it's bad your fucked. He just goes out in a tractor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.