Avaricious online Ticket Agencies. How do they get hold of so many?

Thedifference would be Viagogo could be selling any seats, or as many as they could get. Those selling hospitality packages only get as many seats as the club want and the seats located where they want. Plus the club get the money not the fans profiteering and Viagogo.

I mentioned Viagogo specifically because when they were running the ticket exchange, part of the deal was unquestionably that they were getting chunks of seats direct from the club to sell. I was referencing that sort of arrangement. Not them being the go between for individuals selling to other individuals.

I’m wholly convinced they get them through City (and other clubs where it also happens).

Here’s some information about a Channel 4 Dispatches documentary which exposed the music industry and Viagogo‘s shady shit they were rumbled with doing around tickets (and it still happens across the industry now).

• The majority of tickets offered for sale through viagogo are not from individual fans but from large scale professional ticket resellers or tickets allocated by promoters to viagogo.
  • viagogo staff compete directly with real fans to buy tickets from primary ticket sellers, like Ticketmaster, for in demand events as soon as they go on sale. To get around systems put in place to prevent bulk buying of tickets, viagogo staff use multiple credit cards registered to different addresses.
  • viagogo has a special team dealing with large scale professional ticket resellers - known as "power sellers", or "brokers" who account for a significant percentage of overall ticket sales on their exchange.
  • Large-scale ticket reselling has spread beyond the traditional rock and pop gigs. Dispatches found tickets offered for resale way above face value on ‘fan to fan' exchanges for England's 6 Nations rugby games; Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor live tours; West End shows; National Gallery's Leonardo da Vinci exhibition; and even The Last Night of the Proms.
  • Secondary websites like viagogo have obligations to be honest to the public under consumer legislation and a leading expert says that some viagogo practices contravene legislation.

Here’s the documentary in full:

There’s no fucking way on Earth this isn’t happening with Premier League football clubs. City will be holding back thousands of tickets for big games and dishing them out to all these ticket tout sites. The fact that Viagogo used to be an official ticketing partner of City says it all.

For years on this site I have been reading comments from people saying that they had absolutely no interest in the Champions League and this was reflected in the attendances for the Group Stage matches against the less fashionable teams In the early years.

The club made efforts to fill empty seats. I recall a group of schoolchildren from Bradford at one match sitting in our seats until they were moved. I also remember large groups from Indonesia who were obviously on an organised trip. There are large numbers from China at all matches.

It’s nothing new to have tourists at big matches and at least it limited the MEN to go around highlighting the empty seats with a red pen.

This is only being highlighted because it is a big semi-final against Real Madrid and suddenly many who have shown little or no interest in the Champions League want tickets.

I think that the idea of CL ticket books for the Group Stages is the way forward. I don’t know how such a scheme could be used for the Knock-out stages, but it should be worth a try?

Was it right that any Cityzens members regardless of points could buy at 10am last Friday?. My mate was on for ages trying to get one for him and me, he's acquired lots of points and ended up with nothing.

I’m wholly convinced they get them through City (and other clubs where it also happens).

Here’s some information about a Channel 4 Dispatches documentary which exposed the music industry and Viagogo‘s shady shit they were rumbled with doing around tickets (and it still happens across the industry now).

• The majority of tickets offered for sale through viagogo are not from individual fans but from large scale professional ticket resellers or tickets allocated by promoters to viagogo.
  • viagogo staff compete directly with real fans to buy tickets from primary ticket sellers, like Ticketmaster, for in demand events as soon as they go on sale. To get around systems put in place to prevent bulk buying of tickets, viagogo staff use multiple credit cards registered to different addresses.
  • viagogo has a special team dealing with large scale professional ticket resellers - known as "power sellers", or "brokers" who account for a significant percentage of overall ticket sales on their exchange.
  • Large-scale ticket reselling has spread beyond the traditional rock and pop gigs. Dispatches found tickets offered for resale way above face value on ‘fan to fan' exchanges for England's 6 Nations rugby games; Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor live tours; West End shows; National Gallery's Leonardo da Vinci exhibition; and even The Last Night of the Proms.
  • Secondary websites like viagogo have obligations to be honest to the public under consumer legislation and a leading expert says that some viagogo practices contravene legislation.

Here’s the documentary in full:

There’s no fucking way on Earth this isn’t happening with Premier League football clubs. City will be holding back thousands of tickets for big games and dishing them out to all these ticket tout sites. The fact that Viagogo used to be an official ticketing partner of City says it all.

From those bullet points, as I read it, it’s not saying the club holds them back and sells them to the agencies it’s saying agencies buy them on the open market.

This I can believe, @prestwichblue has explained how those the club sell to partners for hospitality works.

For years on this site I have been reading comments from people saying that they had absolutely no interest in the Champions League and this was reflected in the attendances for the Group Stage matches against the less fashionable teams In the early years.

The club made efforts to fill empty seats. I recall a group of schoolchildren from Bradford at one match sitting in our seats until they were moved. I also remember large groups from Indonesia who were obviously on an organised trip. There are large numbers from China at all matches.

It’s nothing new to have tourists at big matches and at least it limited the MEN to go around highlighting the empty seats with a red pen.

This is only being highlighted because it is a big semi-final against Real Madrid and suddenly many who have shown little or no interest in the Champions League want tickets.

I think that the idea of CL ticket books for the Group Stages is the way forward. I don’t know how such a scheme could be used for the Knock-out stages, but it should be worth a try?
That’s a bit of a generalisation. A lot of one in fact.

There are people who have followed City home and away for years in England and in Europe who are lapsed season ticket holders now who haven’t got tickets for Madrid at home. One of the lads I know has more points than I do.

People haven’t attended CL games for many reasons over the years but we’ve had very good attendances, rarely ever dipping under 40,000 for Group Stage games.

Before the Etihad was extended in 2015, our average CL Group Stage attendance was 42,230 over four seasons. Bearing in mind the capacity was 47,400 and not all sets of away fans brought the same number; Viktoria Plzen hardly brought any fans, for example, and remember CSKA Moscow were banned from attending the Etihad.

From those bullet points, as I read it, it’s not saying the club holds them back and sells them to the agencies it’s saying agencies buy them on the open market.

This I can believe, @prestwichblue has explained how those the club sell to partners for hospitality works.
The first bullet point does say, though;

My guess is, the promoters (in the example of promoters in the music industry documentary) in the Premier League clubs’ cases will be the Premier League clubs.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
If its season ticket holders, how come there are rows and rows of seats in 303 and 304 all next to each other,full of tourists.
Even I couldn't get 100 season ticket holders sat next to each other to not all go at the same time.
Way to spectacularly miss the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.