Avaricious online Ticket Agencies. How do they get hold of so many?

Why do people keep saying the tourist are getting tickets from somewhere.
They are getting them legitimately through ticket and travel companies who have been supplied with tickets by MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.
That’s the problem Chappie. Some supporters feel they have an entitlement to receive special treatment from the Club. The reality is, the tickets follow the money and they just can’t seem to cope with the idea they love the Club, more than the Club loves them

It's a massive scam that will only get worse. Even at those extortionate prices I wouldn't trust the sites who have them
It is not a scam all tickets are being sold by partners who are affiliated with and by MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.
We might not like it, but they are doing it at the behest of our business management team.
You are a customer, I am a customer and they are a customer who will spend more than you and I on a match day.
They are the future, we locals are not, unpalatable to most but not to the suit's at City.
It's a buisness not a play thing.

I thought it was illegal to sell football tickets on at a higher than face value price?

As far as I understand it, the price is irrelevant. It’s against the law to resell football tickets for any price UNLESS the seller has the authority from the club.

As far as I understand it, the price is irrelevant. It’s against the law to resell football tickets for any price UNLESS the seller has the authority from the club.
So Mr Big Multi Corporate Company can profit on a ticket using online services.

Mr Shady Scum Bag Ticket Tout standing on the corner of the street gets a fine / jail.

Either way the fan gets shafted.
What a fucked up law that is.

This season I have noticed more tourists and more half/half scarves than any season I can ever recall and I have had same seat in ground since we moved here. They spend the money in the shops and on food. I keep telling (justifying) to myself their cash keeps our season ticket price down.....but at what cost? I am a legacy fan and yes have the odd pint in ground but very rarely set foot in the cityshop this season. My concern is alos selling tickets to the away fans - at home v Liverpool I was sitting next to 2 tourists with half/half scarves and a Liverpool fan (he tried to hide it but I could tell!)

This season I have noticed more tourists and more half/half scarves than any season I can ever recall and I have had same seat in ground since we moved here. They spend the money in the shops and on food. I keep telling (justifying) to myself their cash keeps our season ticket price down.....but at what cost? I am a legacy fan and yes have the odd pint in ground but very rarely set foot in the cityshop this season. My concern is alos selling tickets to the away fans - at home v Liverpool I was sitting next to 2 tourists with half/half scarves and a Liverpool fan (he tried to hide it but I could tell!)

Their cash hasn’t kept ticket prices down though. Season ticket prices have gone up every year and will continue to do so. Match day tickets are now at a ridiculously high level

So Mr Big Multi Corporate Company can profit on a ticket using online services.

Mr Shady Scum Bag Ticket Tout standing on the corner of the street gets a fine / jail.

Either way the fan gets shafted.
What a fucked up law that is.
It's not like that. The club have basically done a deal with these sites. They know full well that they will be sold at a big mark up and the deal no doubt involves the club getting their cut if the bump. If the club sold them out of the ticket office at this price there would be outrage. This is a bit of a smoke and mirrors way of doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.