Away fans in home end again

What happens is seasoncard holders don't show up for the Cup games and other fans come in their place,or seasoncard holders sell their tickets on ticket exchange cos they can't make the game and you see someone new.

We started off with COMs which maine Rd was mapped into. What happened next?

Level 2 increasingly converted to hospitality sections, but you've also seen 7,000 cheap seats added.

I am looking forward to the North Stand extension. When that happens, or maybe if that happens, you will feel better about it.

Right so going off what’s been said in this thread and what your saying. 60 or so fans in the family stand, row after row didn’t go to the game. And then some how all of those tickets ended up with young Liverpool supporters? Your ok with that ?

A lot of these seats are not being sold on by fans they are being given away by the club to ticket agencies and corporates agencies. I’ve mentioned it before, in the east stand there has been rows of away fans pretty much every week now in the same set of seats.

They are giving us some cheap seats, miles away and out of sight. They are then increasing the prices in the rest of ground and making large swathes of tickets completely unavailable to fans - the front of block 109 being a perfect example of that.

If people come and support us then great. But I don’t want rows of away fans in our sections. Neither do most of our fans. That’s the main point of this thread.

Last edited:
The seasoncard churn is about 2%. It's simply untrue to claim City's fanbase is changing that rapidly.

I think you're just frustrated that some games are quiet. That comes from being KO'd from the title race and success. Expectations change.

I don't understand why you should have a downer over new fans. Surely if they've shown up, and the incumbents haven't, then they should not be questioned?
If the ‘new’ fans aren’t even City fans then I’d say he has a pretty valid point.

The seasoncard churn is about 2%. It's simply untrue to claim City's fanbase is changing that rapidly.

I think you're just frustrated that some games are quiet. That comes from being KO'd from the title race and success. Expectations change.

I don't understand why you should have a downer over new fans. Surely if they've shown up, and the incumbents haven't, then they should not be questioned?
Would you be happy if you and your youngsters were surrounded by 60 /80 kids and adults taking the piss in our family stand?
Go and watch the footage when palace score first rows behind the goal block 137 ffs

Right so going off what’s been said in this thread and what your saying. 60 or so fans in the family stand, row after row didn’t go to the game. And then some how all of those tickets ended up with young Liverpool supporters.

A lot of these seats are not being sold on by fans they are being given away by the club to ticket agencies and corporates agencies. I’ve mentioned it before, in the east stand there has been rows of away fans pretty much every week now in the same set of seats.

They are giving us some cheap seats, miles away and out of sight. They are then increasing the prices in the rest of ground and making large swathes of tickets completely unavailable to fans - the front of block 109 being a perfect example of that.

If people come and support us then great. But I don’t want rows of away fans in our sections. Neither do most of our fans
We had a problem last season in the FS of pockets of seats allocated to groups who weren't showing up. t least I think that was the reason for the little gaps? That has largely been solved.

We sit in separate blocks. I'm in 105. I never seen any away fans apart from the odd CL game (in previous seasons). For Cup games I see a lot of new faces because City seasoncard holders often don't go. I see that as a plus. A small number in a crwod of 55k maybe given to agencies but that's not the case at the front of 109 because I see those on sale regularly on the web-site

I know that the front of 109 is not seasoncards so you will get different fans there every week. What do you want City to do about it? Make more seats seasoncard only? There's too many as it is imo.

If I had a row of away fans in front of me game after game I'd be annoyed. I just don't see it where I am sat. I've also moved around various parts of the ground and I've never seen it, and never had cause to grumble about City fans other than the odd incident at away games (now I think about it).

Would you be happy if you and your youngsters were surrounded by 60 /80 kids and adults taking the piss in our family stand?
Go and watch the footage when palace score first rows behind the goal block 137 ffs
That would bother me yes. Does that happen every home game?

yep there are about 40/50 kids jump up its a bloody disgrace that is shown around the world that away fans jump up in our end City should be looking into this asap it looks bad.

yep there are about 40/50 kids jump up its a bloody disgrace that is shown around the world that away fans jump up in our end City should be looking into this asap it looks bad.

The adults responsible for these kids obviously planned and encouraged it.
An absolute piss take you would never see at the swamp or anfield or any other prem stadium.
I understand trying to grow our fan base but whoever gave these tickets to them obviously doesn’t.

We had a problem last season in the FS of pockets of seats allocated to groups who weren't showing up. t least I think that was the reason for the little gaps? That has largely been solved.

We sit in separate blocks. I'm in 105. I never seen any away fans apart from the odd CL game (in previous seasons). For Cup games I see a lot of new faces because City seasoncard holders often don't go. I see that as a plus. A small number in a crwod of 55k maybe given to agencies but that's not the case at the front of 109 because I see those on sale regularly on the web-site

I know that the front of 109 is not seasoncards so you will get different fans there every week. What do you want City to do about it? Make more seats seasoncard only? There's too many as it is imo.

If I had a row of away fans in front of me game after game I'd be annoyed. I just don't see it where I am sat. I've also moved around various parts of the ground and I've never seen it, and never had cause to grumble about City fans other than the odd incident at away games (now I think about it).

I think your misunderstand my main point. I’m not bothered about new city fans. It’s great that they can come and support us. It’s more about away fans and people who clearly don’t support us. Btw a lot of these new faces at cup games are old city fans who are priced out

Myself and plenty of other posters on here are giving you examples of rows of away fans in our sections. You might not see it, but it’s happening every game now. 50 or so Liverpool fans in our stands isn’t right.

Block 109 - yes i would make it open to season ticket holders and wouldn’t give so much of that block away to ticket agencies. I think that’s pretty reasonable. It’s not a corporate section and it’s right near the away fans. A few years ago it was pretty much all city fans. It’s not controversial to want the east stand to be full of city fans.

I get what your saying mate. But surely if you were either surrounded by away fans or saw the issues that many of us see every week you’d think differently

That would bother me yes. Does that happen every home game?
To an extent yes, dependent on who we are playing, the lower profile the game the more school kids, no issues from me kids get to see a cheap game, City fill seats, kids spend money in the shop, kids may enjoy it and come back all good. Yeaterday was another thing. City know where they are from, as the information was passed on to the Head steward who was getting his ears battered, it's not fair on them guys to be expected to steward that shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.