Away Fans In Home Stands

bugsyblue said:
cibaman said:
I've sat with away fans several times. And there have been plenty of threads on here before away european games when the main topic has been "how do I get a ticket in the home end?"

So as long as the away fans behave themselves then good luck to them.

I completely agree with that. But it's a different situation when Madrid fans, associates, family etc are given complimentary tickets from MCFC and then seated with the normal fans. I think it's generally accepted that if you sit in the exec areas you will be among some away supporters. However it is not accepted in the normal seats.

Also to be fair to the away supporters that receive complimentary tickets, they wouldn’t think they have to remain inconspicuous in their support, whereas if you buy a ticket in the home end, then unless you are stupid, you know to keep your head down.

I wouldn't say it's not acceptable to be in the "normal" seats, I've done it myself plenty (ok not so much since the old 3rd division) and I know plenty of other blues have as well but you are spot on when you say you behave yourself and keep your head down only a plumb would do different.

There were loads of madrid fans dotted around the place but to be honest couldnt tell a lot of them from the tourists... suppose the madrid game was always going to bring out neutrals and spanish living in the UK.

As I recall from previous years there were loads of english based poles in the city stands for the Poznan game.

As per previous comments as long as they behave and aren't d**k heads dont see too much of an issue with it.

As with the uefa rules madrid had a small block of seats in Colin Bell level 2 but they have to let them have these.

I've seat / stood in home end in games before, not too bad at places like Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster, Sheffield United even Leeds as I dont have a manc accent but Chesterfield and Rotherham were a bit hairy to say the least!

Slightly off the OP,but did anyone else see a group of about 10 or 15 youths (spanish i think) wearing the stupidist 'wheres wally' type bobble hats?? I saw them wandering up and down ashton new road,from the ground at half time.Then,when i came from the ground after the game,they were stood near the chippy,trying to look moody (i think),but with these white and red striped bobble hats on,failing miserably. What exactly were they all about???

in an ideal world the stadium would be full of partizan city fans, but obviously cost is pricing loads out, so naturally they get replaced with "tourists" for the big games.

why anyone would feel to need to have a fight over a game of football is a separate issue, it's only a game, and supporting another team isn't a crime, surely far better to make them welcome and enjoy some banter, but i guess that is beyond many.

goatastuta said:
Slightly off the OP,but did anyone else see a group of about 10 or 15 youths (spanish i think) wearing the stupidist 'wheres wally' type bobble hats?? I saw them wandering up and down ashton new road,from the ground at half time.Then,when i came from the ground after the game,they were stood near the chippy,trying to look moody (i think),but with these white and red striped bobble hats on,failing miserably. What exactly were they all about???

I posted about this lot in another thread; I'm after advice actually. They were no Spanish they were Polish, from a team called LKS Lodz and they had about 30 of em posing for a photo when the unfurled a banner saying "jebac zydzew" which means fuck the Jews. Type it in to YouTube guys. I told the cops who were doing something about it but I think I should email the club about this. Completely out of order they should bring their hooligan shit here to our games. Have a foto, should I email the club? May start a new thread?

We went for a meal in a Spanish retaurant before the match. The waiter wished City luck, he was a Barcelona fan! He said that none of the Real Madrid supporters on the staff were working as they were all going to the match. Those working were all Barcelona fans apart from one Benfica supporter.

Maybe a lot of the Real fans in the stadium could be Manchester based?

GazC said:
Spanish doesn't necessarily mean Madrid fans, there was a group of four or five on row m or n in 109 last night, and they went mental when Aguero equalised.

There were two foreigners behind me who were making more noise than most of the regular City fans, booing the prancing pillock with more vigour than anyone (may have been Barca fans as they were chanting "Messi" at him) and trying to join in with the songs when they clearly didn't know the words. They were quite funny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.