Away Fans In Home Stands

Zenith said:
There were loads sat near me in 324, all well behaved. Still not on though is it.
Love this sort of quote
I mean its not as if city fans have sat in the other teams end or did I dream
Stoke 98 or Blackburn 2000
or all those threads about blues being in Uniteds end at old trafford
get a grip far worse things to worry about

noely said:
Zenith said:
There were loads sat near me in 324, all well behaved. Still not on though is it.
Love this sort of quote

Good work, saved me typing what I was thinking.
If anyone on this thread has been to Schalke, Hamburg, Munich, they'll know that all fans mix in. At the Allianz, it was actually harder to trek up to the City end. I know a few who cut their losses and sat with the Munich Fans.

In Gelsenkirchen, I walked around the concourse into the main body of Schalke fans to hunt out some Glugwein. Despite it being a UEFA game, it was legit (I saw them pour a bottle of spirits in). Guess what, no Germans had a hissy fit about it.

Surely this just shows the draw of the Champions League and Madrid and maybe the start of the growing attraction of City to the casual supporter. There are thousands of workers from overseas in the North West and they would be willing to pay the price to see one of the biggest names in world football.

I have said elsewhere that the North Stand Level 2 had flags of many countries but there were city shirts and scarfs in amongst them. I wouldnt call these visitors "away fans". A lot of them may have come along to see Madrid and the twinkle toed t**t but not necessarily to support them in the way we have grown up supporting our team.

Visitors, interlopers, casuals, foreigners, JCLs. Whatever. I thought the atmosphere was much better last night. I thought the people who came along last night wanted to join in the songs and the clapping, they looked gutted when there was no Poznan! They all had their phones out to record it.

The big point here is that with so many casual attendees our season ticket holders and members obviously didnt take up their priority for tickets for whatever reason, mainly price I would imagine and I have no issue with that, but the good news the club is now clearly geared up to attract people to buy on a game by game basis.

Prices wont come down for Champs League games so this sort of support will become the norm at these big games, the Scum and Arse thrive on it. Lets face it, how can any of us begrudge the owners the chance to maximise their income at any game after what they have done for us. Get em in, sign em up and get em again next time with a text and an e-mail and while your at it spend a few quid in the shop too. Every Little helps to piss off Platini and his cronies.

Blue Punter said:
noely said:
Zenith said:
Love this sort of quote

If anyone on this thread has been to Schalke, Hamburg, Munich, they'll know that all fans mix in. At the Allianz, it was actually harder to trek up to the City end. I know a few who cut their losses and sat with the Munich Fans.

In Gelsenkirchen, I walked around the concourse into the main body of Schalke fans to hunt out some Glugwein. Despite it being a UEFA game, it was legit (I saw them pour a bottle of spirits in). Guess what, no Germans had a hissy fit about it.

I was in Schalke end for that game next to the City fans, I got a tap on the shoulder and turned around to see a Schalke fan with 4 beers (None alcoholic) for me, my mate and two other Blues. We bought a couple of beers a bit later for him and his mate, all the Schalke fans were fine with us because were not behaving like idiots.

BlueT said:
Blue Punter said:
noely said:
Love this sort of quote

I was in Schalke end for that game next to the City fans, I got a tap on the shoulder and turned around to see a Schalke fan with 4 beers (None alcoholic) for me, my mate and two other Blues. We bought a couple of beers a bit later for him and his mate, all the Schalke fans were fine with us because were not behaving like idiots.

Football fans enjoying a beer with rival fans on the same concourse. Who'd have thought it. I bought my Gluwein with a Knappencard that a Schalke fan gave me & my mate on the tram. It had €7 credit on it.

In the scrummage after the game, I got split up from my mates. A Schalke fan (with his young son) bought a couple of cans from someone selling them from a cooler box and walked me to the nearest tram station. It's not rocket science is it?

Rather have them their than have the place half empty. Didnt effect the sound, i thought we were quite loud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.