Away Form

BillyShears said:
Blue_Rossy said:
cptaidan88 said:
An offside goal, a great free kick and an individual error from Kompany/Nastasic cost us three goals in a game we completely dominated. How are any of those things Pellegrinis fault? We played well today, it was just an unfortunate result.

This all day long.

It's just a small group of old men who were emotionally invested in Mancini and now seem hellbent on wanting Pellegrini to fail. Everything's Pellegrini's fault in their bitter lovesick eyes.

Who is old?

Whilst, yes, there are obviously errors, and errors may be caused by complacency, and complacency may be caused by being on top, it can also be said that if you play a high line and push Kolarov and Zaba forward, the cost of mistakes is going to be higher as there's no-one else to recover. Villa's third goal was something we've already seen against Hull and Stoke when there were clear through-on-goal chances as a result of defensive errors. Previously that might have been mopped up by either the left-back, right-back or defensive midfielder. We knew we were going to concede more before the season started. We all said it, you included BillyShears. I'll take the points any way they come. However, they're not coming just yet which is why there is concern. Unlike BillyShears, I am not prepared to sacrifice trophies for style of play. It would be nice if we won trophies from goals galore, and would be preferable to Mancini's style in winning trophies, but I'd rather have success than be high-scoring also-rans.

Skashion said:
Whilst, yes, there are obviously errors, and errors may be caused by complacency, and complacency may be caused by being on top, it can also be said that if you play a high line and push Kolarov and Zaba forward, the cost of mistakes is going to be higher as there's no-one else to recover. Villa's third goal was something we've already seen against Hull and Stoke when there were clear through-on-goal chances as a result of defensive errors. Previously that might have been mopped up by either the left-back, right-back or defensive midfielder. We knew we were going to concede more before the season started. We all said it, you included BillyShears. I'll take the points any way they come. However, they're not coming just yet which is why there is concern. Unlike BillyShears, I am not prepared to sacrifice trophies for style of play. It would be nice if we won trophies from goals galore, and would be preferable to Mancini's style in winning trophies, but I'd rather have success than be high-scoring also-rans.

I'm not trying to be glib, but I've never been in it for the trophies ... my idea of supporting City has always placed a higher value on other things (makes sense to me considering how little we've won in my lifetime). That's not to say winning shit isn't an insanely ridiculously amazing high. But ever since the AD take over I've felt that our first priority should be winning in the right way. That means not employing a coach like Benitez or Mancini and putting faith in someone like Wenger or Pellegrini.

Ducado said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
You have been a right little ray of sun shine over the last few days

He has a point though doesn't he Ducado??
What I don't understand is this. Your calmness is fine but you are very quick to jump all over posters who have genuine concerns about our away form and the appointment of Pellegrini.
Just an observation before you get all shirty,
Genuine question for you...What happens if we do lose at West ham and Chelsea we could potentially be 8-10 pts behind Le Arse if they keep performing as they are

Genuine concerns I can cope with hysterics do my head in, I think we all have concerns however some people me included tend to look at things with a different perspective, we don't see things as black and white, we take each game as it comes, we neither predict that we will conquer the world or be suffer mid table obscurity or worse, depending on the results of a few games.

I could see a vast improvement in our style of play yesterday and I actually think on the whole we played well, sure we let in 3 silly goals but I could see the improvement, now then perhaps the mistakes that lead to the goals can be worked on

well i hope there is a way the management can work on arrogance and lack of concentration in a group of players. they all know how to kick a football around!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
cleavers said:
Our away form hasn't been that of title winners in any of the last 4 seasons if we're honest.

09/10 - 27 points
10/11 - 28 points
11/12 - 34 points C
12/13 - 33 points

As a comparison united have managed more than our highest total in 5 out of the last 6 seasons, and have manged 40 or more on 3 occasions.

07/08 - 35 points C
08/09 - 40 points C
09/10 - 36 points (Chelsea won it they got 34 points away from home)
10/11 - 25 points C
11/12 - 42 points
12/13 - 41 points C

In 2011/12 our remarkable home form won us the title, as it did united in 10/11 (we had identical records incidentally of 18 wins and 1 draw).

Interesting. With just 1 point in the bag from 3 of the easiest away days available, we are gonna have to pull a rabbit out of the hat just to get close to our lowest total of the last 5 years. When you consider that of our 16 remaining away games, 5 are against our immediate title rivals, and a further 3 (Everton, Swansea, and Southampton) looking very difficult based on recent visits, we are gonna need to win virtually every one of the other 8 games, just to give ourselves a chance of an overall points total in the low to mid 70's.
I'm not sure I buy into this '80 points will win the title this season' shtick either. The attacking players at Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal, have such individual pace and trickery, that they are perfectly suited to play counter attacking football on the road, and already they are winning their away games with consummate ease.

We'll just have to win both games on Merseyside and in North London this season.

BillyShears said:
I'm not trying to be glib, but I've never been in it for the trophies ... my idea of supporting City has always placed a higher value on other things (makes sense to me considering how little we've won in my lifetime). That's not to say winning shit isn't an insanely ridiculously amazing high. But ever since the AD take over I've felt that our first priority should be winning in the right way. That means not employing a coach like Benitez or Mancini and putting faith in someone like Wenger or Pellegrini.
No-one my age started supporting City for the trophies. I grew up in Accrington and when I was seven years old, and most of my mates supported either Blackburn or Burnley, Blackburn won the title whilst we fought relegation. I've never been a City fan for the trophies and never will be. However, I've never been a City fan for the style of play either, and trophies > style of play. It's not a hard position to defend as a fan. As a fan we want our club to be as successful as possible, that is the theory behind atmosphere, it's supposed to help us win. Winning is the name of the game in going to the ground and cheering on your team. As for not employing Mancini, I'll be ecstatic if Pellegrini can equal our +64 goal difference from the 11/12 season. Even scoring more than 93 would be nice. Whatever you may have thought about Mancini when he was here, he managed some impressive feats which will take some beating - even with a better squad.

I gained great pleasure watching the way Mancini went about his task. Sorting out the defense, getting the team organised and then adding the flair. I'm prepared to accept that he had taken us as far as he could, that MP might take us up another level. But I wouldn't have missed that interim stage.

I can't for the life of me work out how our 11//12 title wasn't won the right way, apart from nearly giving me a coronary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.