Away Form

I honestly thought that Pellegrini was brought in to sort this problem but nothing has changed away from home which is clearly our achillies heel. Very very frustrating

It's quite plain to see that it's a problem, however I did see some promising signs today

It's something that I am sure the club realises and will work on a solution, I think the attitude has more to do with it than anything else, the smaller teams will fight like hell, we have got to adopt the same attitude

We may have the reputation of a big team. We may have had the possession and chances you'd expect from a big team but it means sod all unless you can close games out like a proper big team. Away form is atrocious and championship material we're not. No point being the bees knees at home if you can't make it count away. No excuses about luck and our stats blah blah. Pissed off we never seem to learn our lessons.

If we don't WIN away to Chelsea and WHU then I think the title is a tall order. Again the Arse are showing the way away from home and that's poor as they ain't all that great!

Ducado said:
It's quite plain to see that it's a problem, however I did see some promising signs today

It's something that I am sure the club realises and will work on a solution, I think the attitude has more to do with it than anything else, the smaller teams will fight like hell, we have got to adopt the same attitude

Did you really think the attitude was wrong today? We were literally all over Villa from minute one. I liken today to the Sunderland away game from two season ago. Same performance, same result.

It's so difficult to fathom that we didn't take three points today, let alone coming away with nothing.

our away performances to date , we deserved a win at cardiff , stoke should have beaten us , and again we should have beaten villa today , we are not getting the results our performances deserve at the moment , but i believe the season will even itself out , we will have an off-day and win , no doubt about it.

cptaidan88 said:
An offside goal, a great free kick and an individual error from Kompany/Nastasic cost us three goals in a game we completely dominated. How are any of those things Pellegrinis fault? We played well today, it was just an unfortunate result.

correct

gmckennasell said:
our away performances to date , we deserved a win at cardiff , stoke should have beaten us , and again we should have beaten villa today , we are not getting the results our performances deserve at the moment , but i believe the season will even itself out , we will have an off-day and win , no doubt about it.
we were dreadful against cardiff

greasedupdeafguy said:
gmckennasell said:
we were dreadful against cardiff

Agreed, we got what we deserved at Cardiff.

Today we bossed the game but when a team does that the game has to be put to bed with a two or three goal lead and with the possession and territorial dominance that's where we should have been at HT. Even so at 2-1 up with 20 minutes left a title contender has to be able to close out the win and we failed dismally. Kompany said post-match that we were unlucky - no we weren't Vinny, we ballsed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.