Away games in home end

Only done it a few times. Blackburn in 2000 (with the other 42k) and County back in the late 90s spring to mind.

My favourite occasion was at Forest in the 1999/2000 season under Royle. Three of us were at the back of the Trent End. In the pub before kick off we'd made a pact to celebrate if we went 2 goals or more up in the late 5 minutes, then leave. Our bottle almost went when a guy with a neck thicker than a telegraph pole in front of us with 'I 8 Derby' on his back steamed down 25 rows to lamp a blue who had celebrated when big fat Bobby Taylor equalised in the 1st half. But when Goater put us 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go we regained our nerve, went berserk...then legged it for an early pint in the Larwood & Voce!

I really loved that 99/00 team - not the most flair but organised with great camaraderie... truly greater than the sum of its parts.

Unitd
Liverpool
Luton
Palace
Everton
Bolton
Wigan
Sheff Wednesday
Tranmere
Reading
Portsmouth
Fulham
QPR

Utd several times
Sheff utd
Liverpool
Sunderland
Villa
Norwich

Sheff utd being the most edgy.

Fulham, Chelsea. Spurs, Palace, Blackburn. Blackpool, Norwich, Ipswich, Coventry, Bolton, Rotherham, Wolves. But not York.

Luton away around the same time was a bit hairy, they are thick as fuck there. My mate and I had to join the club to be able to get in, i think it was a rule there in the early 90s due to issues they were having with knobheads that everyone had to be a club member to be able to get a seat. Niall Quinn scored a volley and we revealed ourselves to this stand full of angry pricks
Did exactly the same at this game.it was a cracking Quinn volley, he scored a similar one at spurs around the same time iirc
Luton was a strange place,sat in their end twice ,never really felt threatened ,but a lot of disgruntled home fans around me when i blurted out" go on whitey" as David white took a throw in just in front of the their main stand...he heard me ,and turned round,looking very surprised.
Sat in Chelsea home end under Machin,3-1 win .in their big West Stand,all away fans banned due to riots v boro season before..

Leeds at Elland rd on their kop terrace in late 80s (lost1-0) was scary before during and after..i was naive and didn't really know about leeds until i stepped off the bus in their town centre. ..

Liverpool main stand when we lost 0-6 was just embarrasing

Bradford away when we won promotion ,sat in their main stand...done quite a few more inc sheff utd,panic set in when away terrace was closed mins before k.o,got a ticket in their end,to the left of the away end,cheered for City throughout(lost 4-2.?), full of dutch courage
No one batted an eyelid...but then ran into their bbc squad a few hours later not far from the station....ouch

I've done a few in the past but nowadays it's harder to get a few of you together so don't bother, unless it's for old toilet.
Best have been Utd in the stretford end with another 200 or so blues when curle equalised, villa when lomas scored but results went against us so we were virtually down...we must have had the whole block next to the away end as it irrupted when we scored...also done the kop at Liverpool, Grimsby, Crewe, Notts county, Sheff weds

Being from Wigan, I was also a season ticket holder for the rugby for many years back in the day.

As we (City) had sold our allocation, and it being pretty easy to pick up a home end ticket in the main (West) stand, and wore my Mancini-esque knotted scarf for the occasion, I figured that I would probably know some of the locals sat near me and the stewards too.

All was well until we went 1-0 up and I rose from my seat to cheer, only to be ejected for wearing "a blue and white scarf". Whilst I protested that others around me wearing the same described attire, I was told mine was the wrong shade of blue.

Needless to say, a week later, the same stewards laughed off the event when I quizzed them whilst wearing my red and white Wigan scarf for the visit of Salford, and, the fact that there were quite a few fans of theirs sat near me in replica shirts.

What a puddled world we live in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.