Away Record

black mamba said:
It's a strange one alright ...

this club (so far) has the best 'goals against' column in the Premership , and it did last season too ..... yet we have won the least away games of all the clubs in the top five ..... and when you study the amount of goals that we've actually scored away from home it's clear to see why!

I couldn't believe the chance that Dzeko missed at Swansea .... and the missed efforts from Nasri and Silva weren't far behind either .

Two goals in those final ten minutes at Swansea and that would have looked quite a professional and competent performance from City ...... as it was it just left us with yet more points dropped , a frustrated manager , and yet another load of 'what ifs'!

And the last paragraph explains why the rags won the title and we didn't.This season they scraped a fair few wins where as we missed some sitters that would have done the same for us.The best defence in the league it has been piss poor performances in front of goal by our shot shy strikers and midfield players that has cost us.

People can find fault with anything if they try hard enough

Swansea was a meaningless end of season game a week before the biggest game of our season

Sensible fans will forgive the boys for a lack of intensity and a handful of missed chances

I bet we don't miss many next week

Santiago Street . said:

Swansea was a meaningless end of season game a week before the biggest game of our season

Sensible fans will forgive the boys for a lack of intensity and a handful of missed chances

At least Saturday's result was better than there last season,still piss poor though,whichever way you try and dress it up,cup final or no cup final the following week

To be more specific that's four 0-0 draws away from home and all of them pretty similar.
We could have won all four, but equally West Ham had a decent goal disallowed and Swansea had a blatant penalty not given. Chelsea were there for the taking, but we hardly created a chance. At QPR we never really got going until it was too late.

Individually we've got some great players, but as a team we tend to drift through games with a general lack of accountability.
Tevez and Aguero are too similar to funtion as a successful partnership whilst Yaya and Silva haven't been as effective this season.

Zabaletta can't cross the ball at pace, but he's been our best player by a country mile this season.

Sometimes we've been guilty of doing "an Arsenal" and trying to walk the ball into the net. Sometimes i wish we'd pepper the goal with mid-range, long shots cos we hold enough possession to do so.

Its like, we don't in case it upsets the OPTA stats with a crap 'shots to goal ratio' or something. We have enough quality to work the keeper with quality shots. Mix it up and win the games that we are drawing.

Santiago Street . said:

We need to finish second , or third at worst ..... finishing 4th would involve us in a Champions League qualifying game ...... for that reason alone we STILL need points , Chelsea are in form and right behind us.

cookster said:
Joint 5th with Spuds! Not good enough for a club of our stature.

That and the European record needs a vast improvement next year.

As a fan of Bobby Manc it worries me that he doesnt seem to make the significant tactical changes required to turn a draw into a win. It is also completely unacceptable that we can not get a result at Sunderland, Everton and Liverpool. Must do better.

black mamba said:
Santiago Street . said:

We need to finish second , or third at worst ..... finishing 4th would involve us in a Champions League qualifying game ...... for that reason alone we STILL need points , Chelsea are in form and right behind us.

Before the weekend games we needed 7 points from 4 games to guarantee 2nd spot

With 2 easy home games to come and a less than daunting trip to Reading it's perfectly understandable that we merely went through the motions against Swansea

Santiago Street . said:
black mamba said:
Santiago Street . said:

Before the weekend games we needed 7 points from 4 games to guarantee 2nd spot

With 2 easy home games to come and a less than daunting trip to Reading it's perfectly understandable that we merely went through the motions against Swansea

If we'd have won at Swansea , and taken three points from the WBA game , then it's highly unlikely that Chelsea would take the runners up spot ..... and we'd have been able to enjoy playing in the cup final safe in that knowledge.

As it is it looks like we're gonna be relying on winning at least one game after the final ..... and although Reading and Norwich 'appear' easy games , there will then be late pressure on us to do well in those games.

We WILL probably do it .... but we could have made things so much easier for ourselves if we'd put just one goal in Swanseas net !

Mike N said:
cookster said:
Joint 5th with Spuds! Not good enough for a club of our stature.

That and the European record needs a vast improvement next year.

As a fan of Bobby Manc it worries me that he doesnt seem to make the significant tactical changes required to turn a draw into a win. It is also completely unacceptable that we can not get a result at Sunderland, Everton and Liverpool. Must do better.

Failing to win away at 2 of the toughest places to visit in the league is unacceptable ?

Is it acceptable for us to drop any points, anywhere,ever in your fantasy football brain ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.