Away support...get behind the team!!

M147WN

Don't know what it sounded like on the telly but today we were outsung from both sides of our blocks....throughout the game.
Lots of Blues looking on watching the game, the majority (not the vast majority) making little or no effort to get behind the team...Whats happened to us away from home???
This is happening more and more away!

The WBA game was poor...we offered little more than a few 'Bluemoons' but today was worse!! pockets of Blues attempting to get the lads going but mostly ignored...and very few chants taken up by all.

The dippers game away was like a friggin library..
Chelsea (lower) was just rubbish with very little offered..
even the atmosphere at the CC game at the Emirites was pretty dour given we had almost twice our league allocation...

What's happening to our vocal backing away from home??

My suspicion, having failed to get tickets for some away games when I've never had a problem in the past, is that loads of tickets are going out the door before the ordinary fan who does know how to support the team gets a look-in.

Not saying that this is the only reason of why we are so quiet away from home, but many 'new' fans seem to get tickets in the away end. My mate couldn't go and asked me to sell them on here. Managed to sell them for him in the end to a poster who had only been registered on this site since December 27th.

Prestwich_Blue said:
My suspicion, having failed to get tickets for some away games when I've never had a problem in the past, is that loads of tickets are going out the door before the ordinary fan who does know how to support the team gets a look-in.

think this is true, went to chelsea full of fans I have never seen before, then went to blackburn full of actual city fans who sing. stop selling the tickets to tourists city !!!!

I think tension has a part to play in it, I probably didn't sing as much as usual today but I was focused on what was happening on the pitch tbh.

Then again, "if you're watching on the telly you're a ..." ;-)

bluebannana said:
we only sing when were winning

Completely right these days I'm afraid - the psyche are our fans seems to have altered in real short space of time! I notice the atmosphere in the ST seems really subdued these days until we've scored.

I don't think anything much has happened.

For Chelsea with people you have never seen before, that has been the case at least since 2000 when we were near the bottom.

Try Brighton away 3 years or so ago, nothing whatsoever. Today was probably average for a "Dry" bank holiday match for a lot of people.

There has always been a difference between a Monday night in London and a Saturday afternoon 25 miles away.

bluebannana said:
we only sing when were winning
This!

When it's 0-0 we don't sing like Liverpool and United fans do away from home. They are none stop. Of course most sets of fans go quiet when they're losing but I do think we only sing when we're winning this season, home and away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.