Away support...get behind the team!!

I was thinking about this the other day, and came up with this theory...

Remember a couple of seasons ago, we were aiming for UEFA cup places, and many fixtures were against teams around us, just ahead, level, or just below us.... this meant that there was more importance placed on that match, and some matches were really really big games... I recall one game, Portsmouth I think we played and if we beat them we would leapfrog them, the atmosphere was amazing! If we played em now.... it'd be like a library..... thats because the result doesnt immediately affect our league position.... we would still be top/2nd.

I know what you're going to say, all games should be massive game, we're aiming higher than UEFA cup etc....

This is all true, however the league wont be won or lost with one result and that is how a lot of us percieve individual results at the moment.... if we are still top or within touching distance of the top with 10 games to go, I would imagine then that the atmosphere would improve quite a lot, as there is perceptively a lot more riding on the games. A loss with 4 games to go could be a disaster, but lose that game now, and we still have 18 games to make up for it.

Dunno if those ramblings made any sense, but it's my two penneth worth anywho!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.