Away tickets and points?

A ballot wouldn't suit the fans who have over 24k and go week in week out. That wouldn't be fair on them, imagine someone got a ticket for a big game with 1k points and someone who's got 24k misses out because of a ballot system

They made a mess of it by changing loyalty points to home games only and not using away games. Was that someone from City Matters idea?

They should let the 18-25 category build points through the first morning of sale as soon as now soon as they reach 26 they cant get near any tickets as the points haven't moved
I agree and I've probably not made it clear that my thoughts are that only a small portion should go to ballot for everyone lower than say 23k to have at least an opportunity.

The support that are on 22-23k plus are at the top of the tree for a reason and that loyalty should always be considered when City discuss any future plans on how to make the distribution if away tickets fairer and inclusive.

A digital system in theory might work. Loading the ticket to the mobile phone of the supporter that's purchased it. Not sure how many stadiums can facilitate that though.

I'd be surprised if City aren't thinking of ways to make it more inclusive.

There's about 7 or 8 thousand fans that want to regularly have about 3 thousand tickets. I don't think there's any possible way to please everyone, reward loyalty, keep the supporter clubs happy (who are often loyal in a different way), give player family tickets, and keep the tickets out of the hands of rich people who don't mind paying inflated costs on the secondary market.

First thing the club needs to do is be more transparent with the allocation of away tickets. Too many are being siphoned off for sponsors with no real affiliation to the club especially for the derby and dippers. The scum moaned many years ago that this was the case and the club listened so that the real fan was attending their away games and not the corporate day tripper who wanted to impress a client by bagging a ticket for a big game.

Second thing they need to do is put on sale to all, tickets that the players, staff etc don't require for a game and not use them to keep their mates happy. Whilst it's very nice for players etc to have their family at a game, these tickets should be limited (two per player) and the fans should receive more. Players come and go, fans in theory are always there. They also need to stop ticket resellers having away tickets.

Third thing they must do is to ensure that the ticket website is working properly when it comes to the 18-25 window. Unable to purchase a villa ticket for my daughter at the first window as the website said tickets not on sale until 9.03 at which time all were sold out.

I’m not really bothered what system they use. They’ll always be winners and losers and the losers will say it’s not fair, however they distribute them.

All I would like is a bit more transparency. An exact number of how many tickets go where for each game. It wouldn’t be a problem if they’ve got nothing to hide. Highly doubt it’ll happen though.

I agree and I've probably not made it clear that my thoughts are that only a small portion should go to ballot for everyone lower than say 23k to have at least an opportunity.

The support that are on 22-23k plus are at the top of the tree for a reason and that loyalty should always be considered when City discuss any future plans on how to make the distribution if away tickets fairer and inclusive.

A digital system in theory might work. Loading the ticket to the mobile phone of the supporter that's purchased it. Not sure how many stadiums can facilitate that though.

I'd be surprised if City aren't thinking of ways to make it more inclusive.
I'm pretty busy today but will answer these points when I've got some time. It's something we've spent a lot of time discussing at City Matters, both in the full group and the Ticketing sub-group, but I will say that the push to discontinue giving points for away games very much came from the club (which was a surprise to be honest). We did agree to it though, once they'd explained their reasoning.

There is no simple solution to this however as demand exceeds supply these days, for all but games at the most awkward times.

A ballot wouldn't suit the fans who have over 24k and go week in week out. That wouldn't be fair on them, imagine someone got a ticket for a big game with 1k points and someone who's got 24k misses out because of a ballot system

They made a mess of it by changing loyalty points to home games only and not using away games. Was that someone from City Matters idea?

They should let the 18-25 category build points through the first morning of sale as soon as now soon as they reach 26 they cant get near any tickets as the points haven't moved
absolutely this .
the old "careful what you wish for " comes to mind.
the moaners moaned and came off worse.

I nearly never have enough points anymore, but I usually manage 2 or 3 a year when games get moved (like Palace last season).

It doesn’t affect me, but what happens when someone turns 26 and they no longer qualify with enough points? I assume they won’t do as many and a new group will get the opportunity.

United do a ballot system that works along the lines of:

50% of tickets are allocated to supporters who've had a season card for more than 10 years.
30% of tickets are allocated to supporters who've had a season card for more than 5 years.
15% of tickets are allocated to supporters who've had a season card for more than 3 years.
5% of tickets are allocated to members.

I think that's quite a good system.

At the end of the day, there are always going to be those who miss out and are upset. But it's quite shortsighted to ensure the same bunch get tickets for EVERY game until they eventually die. Away games are a huge part of following a club and it's important the younger generation get a taste of that.

The issue with Ticket Points is that it's easy for someone like me (with 20k points) to buy one for my mate who doesn't even have a season card. I don't even need to attend the away games anymore. I'm platinum and on cup schemes so no way I'll drop below where I am.

Ultimately though, too many are given to corporates and hospitality customers. Money talks.

First thing the club needs to do is be more transparent with the allocation of away tickets. Too many are being siphoned off for sponsors with no real affiliation to the club especially for the derby and dippers. The scum moaned many years ago that this was the case and the club listened so that the real fan was attending their away games and not the corporate day tripper who wanted to impress a client by bagging a ticket for a big game.

Second thing they need to do is put on sale to all, tickets that the players, staff etc don't require for a game and not use them to keep their mates happy. Whilst it's very nice for players etc to have their family at a game, these tickets should be limited (two per player) and the fans should receive more. Players come and go, fans in theory are always there. They also need to stop ticket resellers having away tickets.

Third thing they must do is to ensure that the ticket website is working properly when it comes to the 18-25 window. Unable to purchase a villa ticket for my daughter at the first window as the website said tickets not on sale until 9.03 at which time all were sold out.
The sponsors will always get a preferential allocation, that’s just the way of the world.

I'm pretty busy today but will answer these points when I've got some time. It's something we've spent a lot of time discussing at City Matters, both in the full group and the Ticketing sub-group, but I will say that the push to discontinue giving points for away games very much came from the club (which was a surprise to be honest). We did agree to it though, once they'd explained their reasoning.

There is no simple solution to this however as demand exceeds supply these days, for all but games at the most awkward times.
You are right about demand and supply but the biggest problem appears to be who is demanding them and on many occasions at away games you see 'fans' there who clearly don't have the points, wearing half and half scarves, taking photos etc and you wonder how they managed to obtain tickets. More tickets need to go to season card holders and not day trippers who just want to watch a game of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.