Away tickets

Possibly mate. I'm in Portugal with the family so I'll miss both trips. However, even if people are keeping their powder dry, if points were still available I suspect the tickets would have been purchased anyway and moved on.
I agree that some might have bought Norwich to keep the points up and then focus on the Champs League trip. If that's the case then more people on medium points will get them so that is one positive of the new system. I remember going to Norwich in the 70s when we took over the ground (and the town).Must have had 7000 there. Those were the days.

I once pretended to go to the toilet at my Office Christmas Lunch, (Vernon Arms Poynton) before disappearing to Darlington for a Friday Night FA Cup 2nd Round game that was being televised live on Sky TV.

Alan Potter was the Supporters Club Steward and the day’s only highlight was watching Braveheart on the coach journey back to Stockport.

My mate’s car ran out of petrol in Hazel Grove, so we had to thumb-it to Whaley Bridge in temperature s more suited to Conan the Barbarian. I walked through the front door at 4am

There were less than a 1500 City fans present, and I didn’t get any loyalty points, mainly because they hadn’t even been invented.

BASTARDS!

Last edited:
Nah, we took more than that. We were offered the full 3000 or so allocation but took a smaller number of around 2400-ish and sold them all. Was a 0-0 bore draw as you say. I was fucking wankered that day, not helped by the train to Piccadilly after the match being cancelled and having to wait for the next one an hour later.....in the pub of course!

That was the game at the final whistle another blue literally attacked another blue on the steps down from the stand to the concourse. It was quite savage

I think the main issue here is people keeping their powder dry for the Champs League. We could be away in Europe on the Tuesday or Wednesday after Norwich and that will be the favoured trip.

Very good point, it is a long trip to Norwich with a daft KO time so a fair few will stay over with even more expense, if they are then flying out on Monday/Tuesday it makes it very difficult. Sometimes posters on here are too quick to slag others off.

Wonder how they get these real tickets ?
My guess is straight from the club.

There was a Panorama or Dispatches documentary on earlier this decade showing record companies doing it for gigs.

It’s not fans who’ve already got a ticket who re-sell tickets on the tout sites, it’s the record companies.

They hold back a fair chunk of tickets for gigs, only allow a certain amount to be sold the real way and then post the rest on the tout sites to make a fortune on them.

There’s no way football clubs aren’t doing the same thing. They are proper money grabbing bastards modern football clubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is straight from the club.

There was a Panorama or Dispatches documentary on earlier this decade showing record companies doing it for gigs.

It’s not fans who’ve already got a ticket who re-sell tickets on the tout sites, it’s the record companies.

They hold back a fair chunk of tickets for gigs, only allow a certain amount to be sold the real way and then post the rest on the tout sites to make a fortune on them.

There’s no way football clubs aren’t doing the same thing. They are proper money grabbing bastards modern football clubs.

With regards to your last line, do you remember the Denis Tueart controversy when he had a box in the Platt lane stand, perhaps it is similar to that.

A taste of future aways at all grounds today if we are not careful.

It was like S229 away at OT.

There were some German lads next to me today. They asked the steward why they had paid 150 when the ticket says 30.
Found the argument that followed quite entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.