Awful songs by bands you love

I think you obviously don't like them and that's fair enough.

There are approximately 20,000 cover versions of their songs by some of the world's leading and revered artists, Frank Sinatra Elvis Presley Elton John Oasis Jimi Hendrix Nina Simone Aretha Franklin David Bowie Joe cocker Bob Dylan Neil Young Crosby stills and Nash, Shirley Bassey Tony Bennett The Beach Boys Count Basie Bon Jovi Bjork BeeGees James Brown Booker T ... list just goes on and on.

They have sold over 1 billion records worldwide. They had a number one album 50 years after they split up.
Ask most top musicians what they think of The Beatles and they will praise them heavily, a lot will even say that The Beatles are the reason they got into music and the music industry. People like Sting and Paul Simon to name but two.
30 songs at number one in UK and America, and most other countries.
In 1965 they had the top 5 positions on the American charts, no British band had ever even had a hit in America.
You can't argue against facts.

What other band has achieved anywhere near the above ?

In what way are they overrated ?
US electorate voted for Trump. Popularity is no guide to quality.

I adore Pink Floyd but anything after The Final Cut is a travesty.

Interpol have been mixed since Antics

Bowie's 2 80's albums (not Tin Machine) and some 90's output

Other Voices by the The Doors

A lot of Prince's music is absolute gash but is he a genius?

Yes!
Not certain if there is a maggot on a hook here. If what you claim was gash and at that time he was in Return to forever that gash would be classed as super jazz soul fusion easy. But without Wendy and Lisa it would not be sexy like.

Not certain if there is a maggot on a hook here. If what you claim was gash and at that time he was in Return to forever that gash would be classed as super jazz soul fusion easy. But without Wendy and Lisa it would not be sexy like.
Is that a hypothetical ? I don't remember him being in Return to Forever. Although I suspect he has the talent required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.