Aymeric Laporte - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offence to zaba, i'd say he is close to it, but imo, first and only other world class defender we've had since VK at his best. And tbh think he will be better than VK. In his own ways. Crazy he also missed last world cup

no offence to zaba, i'd say he is close to it, but imo, first and only other world class defender we've had since VK at his best. And tbh think he will be better than VK. In his own ways. Crazy he also missed last world cup
technically better yes I agree, and I think he is head and shoulders the best current CB in the league. However, surpassing Vin is unlikely for me imo. VK's physicality, stature, leadership and general feeling of assuredness make him a better defender than Laporte (if we compare VK's prime to Laporte's projected). In a pep team however, there is no denying that Laporte's ball playing lynchpin ability and ball playing quality ensures that he is the first name in the starting 11 backline (and for several years to come hopefully).

technically better yes I agree, and I think he is head and shoulders the best current CB in the league. However, surpassing Vin is unlikely for me imo. VK's physicality, stature, leadership and general feeling of assuredness make him a better defender than Laporte (if we compare VK's prime to Laporte's projected). In a pep team however, there is no denying that Laporte's ball playing lynchpin ability and ball playing quality ensures that he is the first name in the starting 11 backline (and for several years to come hopefully).

I love Vinny but if Laporte can stay fit enough to play 30+ league games a season for most of the next ten years then surpassing Kompany isn't out of the question. We could possibly win 1-2 UCLs, 3-4 Premier Leagues and several cups in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.