Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been more shocked if he was in the squad, no offence to the lad but he hasn't set the world alight since joining us and he hasn't been capped once even when he was bang in form at Bilbao. France just have plenty of CB's unfortunately.

Not that I am complaining, the less City players at the world cup the better. More time for Pep to work his magic.

Llenglet, who plays for Sevilla, very good defender, didn't get picked either, so it doesn't reflect badly on Laporte.

I would have been more shocked if he was in the squad, no offence to the lad but he hasn't set the world alight since joining us and he hasn't been capped once even when he was bang in form at Bilbao. France just have plenty of CB's unfortunately.

Not that I am complaining, the less City players at the world cup the better. More time for Pep to work his magic.

Odd thing to say about a centre back. Not really a position known for setting the world alight.

Tbf to him, he's played 8 games for us in the league and we've won all 8, 3 clean sheets.

If he'd signed for City the first time of asking he'd be in that squad now.

Odd thing to say about a centre back. Not really a position known for setting the world alight.

Tbf to him, he's played 8 games for us in the league and we've won all 8, 3 clean sheets.

If he'd signed for City the first time of asking he'd be in that squad now.
Well if he was putting in performances of Kompany circa 2011-2013 then he would probably be in the squad. I think he has been very cautious (except for West Brom) and hasn't really expressed himself yet. Been poor for a couple of goals also where I know he can be a lot better.

Not denying him the stats but that doesn't tell the full story.

Well if he was putting in performances of Kompany circa 2011-2013 then he would probably be in the squad. I think he has been very cautious (except for West Brom) and hasn't really expressed himself yet. Been poor for a couple of goals also where I know he can be a lot better.

No it doesn't tell the full story, the full story would take in all of the context, that he's a young centre back moving club and country halfway through a season, learning a new system, new language and trying to settle. With all that in mind it's fair to say he's done very well so far save the odd moment here or there.

You're ignoring the key factor. The water carrier is a terrible manager. Adil Rammy is an awful player, and I mean awful.

Laporte has looked incredible encouraging in his short time at City. To think that fraud from Arsenal was a shoe in would say it all for me.

Eric has only been here a matter of weeks in the grand scheme of things and hasn't played much,do we really not have any patience for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.