Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're ignoring the key factor. The water carrier is a terrible manager. Adil Rammy is an awful player, and I mean awful.

Laporte has looked incredible encouraging in his short time at City. To think that fraud from Arsenal was a shoe in would say it all for me.
I agree he is a terrible manager.

I think Laporte will be an excellent player for us and as I said, I am buzzing he gets a full summer with Pep rather than being sat on the bench in Russia for a month.

Probably some politics going on with his selection also, I wonder if he will switch countries or just wait till Deschamps is gone.

His time will come with France I imagine. Sucks for him not to go, but probably good news for us, one less player at risk of injury for next season. He'll be fresh.

The fact that Laporte is not on the plane to Russia should not worry us. Deschamps has inherited the golden generation of French footballers and yet every time I watch France play they look bang average. It seems he has got too many players to choose from and has not got a clue what shape they should set up.

The fact that Laporte is not on the plane to Russia should not worry us. Deschamps has inherited the golden generation of French footballers and yet every time I watch France play they look bang average. It seems he has got too many players to choose from and has not got a clue what shape they should set up.

I see it as a good thing from a perspective. A summer off, and plenty of chances to get fully up to speed ahead of the new season.

Exactly. Deschamps is clueless. He doesn’t know his best set up yet. France are not really a team but more so just a group of individuals. I’m happy he didn’t go. He’ll be more motivated. Laporte will also spend a full preseason with Pep and can be fresh and ready to start the new season while others are still returning from the WC.

From all the teams that have qualified is Laporte the only player not travelling to world cup.

From all the teams that have qualified is Laporte the only player not travelling to world cup.
The thought of him and Bravo playing lonely passing drills to eachother come July while Pep stands there wondering where everyone is makes me sad.

Selfishly, I am glad he didn’t make the 23 man squad. But it’s difficult to fathom how he’s been omitted considering Koscielny’s injured.

Did far better than I thought he'd do - he's an excellent passer for sure but I thought he'd be found out on defense, especially since he's not particularly fast.

A very solid defender for me - not as good as a fit Kompany, but a solid #3 in our CB lineup and very necessary to keep Kompany fit and fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.