Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Theo555, 5 Aug 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

He had a nervy first few minutes and faded badly at the end through lack of fitness.

But for an hour, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. What an incredible player and how bloody much have we missed this lad eh?

Great to see him back.

“Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
    Aymeric Laporte...”

2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Loved that too.

One thing I've noticed this season is that we’re a bit of a soft touch. We weren’t last night!

3. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

Within 5 mins he was telling Otamendi where to be. This guy is our leader back there. The only rival to KDB getting the armband next season. At least he should be. We’ll probably give it Fernandinho out of sentiment like we did with Silva.

Craig likes this.
  4. Ederson's smiley tattoo

Ederson's smiley tattoo

Team supported:
    Man city
    Time to play Eric^2 at the back now. Otamendi was good yesterday though, definitely ahead of Stones in the pecking order now

5. ws01

ws01

IMO we're still going to have issues at the back given our DM issues this season, but that return and now Sane's impending one has boosted my hopes a bit for the CL and FA Cup. If we can get past RM, and both Eric and Leroy are back to full fitness, I think we can go all the way.

6. Fast Forward To The Past

Fast Forward To The Past

LOL. There are no DM issues.

langy[wales], karen7 and Andrew___K like this.
  7. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

It is extraordinary how he has a calming influence. He and Garcia could be our centre back pairing for years to come. Fern likes being able to go upfield and practise the dark arts again, doesn't he? He was clearly relishing it last night.

karen7 likes this.
  8. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

One or two minor fuckups at the start, but given the period of being out, what a fantastic performance that was really.

9. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

He was very very good and its great to see him back. We have so missed his authority.

10. Ennis

Ennis

Loved his comeback yesterday.
    Calm and composed on the ball and that headed clearance he did in the first half none of our other current defenders would have anticipated that ball quick enough to reach it.
    Also I liked how he brought a bit of aggression and needle back into the team that I think has been missing from our games lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.