Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte on returning from injury: “It’s been tough watching from the stands, but it’s never easy. The last two years were very, very tough but this year other teams have improved, have made some transfers.”

“Others have improved, and they have studied us, too. It gets more difficult every year so we have to stay focussed, work a lot and concentrate, and be more like we have in the last two years, and try to win every single game.”

“Normally it would have been later but I tried today, and I spoke with the manager and he told me he wanted me to play today. I’m happy to back as soon as possible, and get some minutes earlier than it was.”

Laporte on Guardiola calling him the best left sided centre-back in the world: “You have to ask him, but it’s very good for me coming from a manager who is one of the best in the world, if not the best.” [@StuBrennanMEN]

Oleksandr Zinchenko on @Laporte: "He's an important player, everyone knows that, especially me. I'm so happy for him - I've seen maybe not the whole way he was coming back, but most of it and he was working hard on his recovery - amazing, he deserves it..."

"He is a quality player and can protect my back, sometimes when I am forward. He is still young for a centre-back and you should say he can still learn a lot, but he is a player with experience who has played a lot of games..."

"He knows this position very well, especially with the ball, he makes our game quicker because especially with the left foot in his first ball, his first pass."

We need to find another right sided CB, get rid of Mendy and get a proper left back who defends well and we'll have a more solid looking back 4 for next season.

PEP (on Laporte) We are not going to take risks, a lot of training sessions and 75 minutes against Sheffield United. He could play against United if he’s okay.

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Aymeric Laporte is a 'doubt' for the Manchester derby.

"We have some doubts, tomorrow we’ll do our last check and decide. Laporte is one of the doubts.”

His only goal, as far as I'm concerned, is to be fit a month a now for Madrid. Take it extremely slow until then. If it's at all a doubt I hope he sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.