Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! I waited. Gave it time. Some thought. But here goes nothing:

I can't in good faith call Laporte WC anymore. I just can't. He has been average since the restart.

There!
This is a weird game to say that.

He played well, maybe if you said that on a game he was poor on, but that's not the case.

I'm not being mean here. Love the guy. But he has been average since the restart. I need more WC performances from him. Haven't seen any lately. :(

I know where you're coming from, and there is a slight worry that he's not tough in the big games. But i'm going to cut him some slack as he had a horrible injury then the lockdown, so no chance to develop any sort of rhythm or momentum.

I know where you're coming from, and there is a slight worry that he's not tough in the big games. But i'm going to cut him some slack as he had a horrible injury then the lockdown, so no chance to develop any sort of rhythm or momentum.
Agreed. I too. Just miss the dominant Laporte :( Wonder when he'll be back.

So what's he doing differently then? Help me understand your perspective Dax.
He's not as assure in his tackles. He is losing attackers in dangerous areas. His passing has become very conservative etc

Have you witnessed WC footballing fr.hom lately?

He was very good in our box tonight, and that's where we needed him. Made some huge defensive headers, a couple of vital blocks, and clearances.

Yeah he was a bit on edge outside the box and in possession but he's inexperienced at CL level, and he's got a RB who got done all ends up for their goal to the left of him, and Fernandinho who's been inconsistent at best at CB on the other side.

He's not as assure in his tackles. He is losing attackers in dangerous areas. His passing has become very conservative etc

Have you witnessed WC footballing fr.hom lately?
I agree a little bit with his passing not being amazing, they are average right now.

But his tackles on the ground and aerial duels have been great, WC even.

He was very good in our box tonight, and that's where we needed him. Made some huge defensive headers, a couple of vital blocks, and clearances.

Yeah he was a bit on edge outside the box and in possession but he's inexperienced at CL level, and he's got a RB who got done all ends up for their goal to the left of him, and Fernandinho who's been inconsistent at best at CB on the other side.

Only issue I had was him giving Benzema too much room for a shot in the second half. Other than that, I'm not sure why this would be the game someone would choose to criticise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.