#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ake's more likely to take up that role on the left when he's fit again.
Yeah him aswell, but Laporte is too good not to play, and Ruben & Stonesy is too good at the moment to even be rotated. With us basically having 3 at the back as our shape I feel its a no brainer to put Eric on the left. Walker is the one that loses out in that situation though

I don’t think he has played as well as stones and Dias are playing now. Slightly talked up for me at the start and not been quite on it since his injury?

First game back, and will only get stronger. Guardiola purposely said he was our best left sided centre-half recently (even if that felt like a bit of a diss to Ake).

First game back, and will only get stronger. Guardiola purposely said he was our best left sided centre-half recently (even if that felt like a bit of a diss to Ake).
Tbf, he called him the best left-footed cb in the world a couple of months ago, so not sure Ake would feel too dissed. He probably knew what he was going to compete with, all though I'm not sure he accounted for Stones renessaince

Garcia was decent. If you would not judge. Don't do so coz he just returned from a long layoff. But not because of who played alongside him. They didn't make him over hit simple sideline passes to Foden. Sometimes your errors are simply yours.

He should gets a pass, I agree. But not coz he played with bad players. No disrespect to the opponents, but considering Eric's qualities, they shouldn't bother his game if he were playing with my Nana and her Bingo friends as his teammates,
You can’t really judge a guy, who has been out for what feels like an eternity, when he is playing alongside an average kid, against a league 2 side.

Laporte doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone, at his best he is a genuine world-class CB, we’ve seen it. He has been unfortunate with injury and is now in a strange situation where he has gone from number 1 CB to number 3 CB. Stones has done great this year and while he takes a lot of the credit, some of it has to go to the guy alongside him, who is an absolute rock, and I’m sure has helped Stones improve.

Laporte was average today, but should be judged when he is 100% fit and played alongside a good partner, against decent opposition.

Fairly certain Pep will try him in Zinc's position/Walkers role, basically playing 3 at the back and giving Cancelo freedom to attack and tuck into midfield.Stone right, Dias in the middle, Laporte left could be great. Would also give Stonesy and Aymeric even more freedom to advance forward with the ball to break lines which they are both very good at
I have to agree here, this makes a lot of sense.

Laporte-Dias-Stones-Cancelo

That is one hell of a back 4

You can’t really judge a guy, who has been out for what feels like an eternity, when he is playing alongside an average kid, against a league 2 side.

Laporte doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone, at his best he is a genuine world-class CB, we’ve seen it. He has been unfortunate with injury and is now in a strange situation where he has gone from number 1 CB to number 3 CB. Stones has done great this year and while he takes a lot of the credit, some of it has to go to the guy alongside him, who is an absolute rock, and I’m sure has helped Stones improve.

Laporte was average today, but should be judged when he is 100% fit and played alongside a good partner, against decent opposition.
My issue us NOT with Laporte. Hence why I agree he shouldn't be judged.

My issue is with the general attempt to blame others for ones mistakes. This often happens here with players folks like.

To the extent that Laporte might have played poorly, it is not due to who he played with.

Players errors are on them, even if there is a reasonable reason (i.e. being rusty.) It's not on others when a player plays poorly. Especially when it involves what they did wrong as oppised to being anonymous.

Not sure why Laporte is getting so much criticism , apart from the goal which even pig eye Murphy said it would have been disallowed if VAR was present , because Laporte was blatantly pushed in the back by one of their big donkeys.
Other than that it was great watching Laporte sweep 50 yard balls from left to right only for Mahrez to do f*ck all with the passes.
He has not played for three months but he was still the stand out defender for me , and he is too good for the bench no doubt Dias or Stones could pick an injury or suspension and i think he will claim his place back when given the chance , he is a top class centre back

I haven't watched Laporte in ages - unfortunate for him that we signed the very best (IMO) CB in Dias and that Stones is now 2nd best (Dias/Stones might drop a spot once VVD recovers from injury - but for me, they're now 1 and 2 best in the P/L).

Hopefully, Laporte remains in our squad - but it's going to be very tough to retain an in-form Dias, Stones and Laporte - each of them will expect to start for the majority of our ties and for every consequential tie.

Pep giving him a run out at LB to get him ready for Anfield on the 7th?
Hopefully Laporte continues to get his form and rhythm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.